FSX installation problem

Emmery

Hello dear simmers, i am new here and i have a problem to install fsx on my new Windows7 ultimate.

When i want to install FSX i get the message: Installation cannot continue, Your registry does not show a valid FSX installation location. I hope someone can help me here.

With friendly greetings,

Frans Emmery, China

You are installing FSX from Discs? It sounds like it's trying to do a Repair option and doesn't see a valid installation.

Doing a Google search for that explanation of failure to install refers only to installing things like payware aircraft to an existing FSX installation.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If you try to install, then cancel, then re-try, you get an issue.

The first attempt then has installed the registry entries. From then on the cd thinks fsx is installed, and offers to repair or remove. Fsx folder&files are not there, so both options fail.

The fix is simple, remove the registry entries. But, can't do that by hand.

Registry cleaner programs don't do it either.

Thankfully Microsoft created a fix. Kb928080

that file is not availale from Microsoft any more. But you can still find it easily on the site: Flyawaysimulation. Filename: resetsldl.exe

make sure you follow the instructions on how to run it to the letter or it won't work. That involves using an ADMIN COMMAND PROMPT.

again,_ ADMIN.!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you try to install, then cancel, then re-try, you get an issue.

The first attempt then has installed the registry entries. From then on the cd thinks fsx is installed, and offers to repair or remove. Fsx folder&files are not there, so both options fail.

The fix is simple, remove the registry entries. But, can't do that by hand.

Registry cleaner programs don't do it either.

Thankfully Microsoft created a fix. Kb928080

that file is not availale from Microsoft any more. But you can still find it easily on the site: Flyawaysimulation. Filename: resetsldl.exe

make sure you follow the instructions on how to run it to the letter or it won't work. That involves using an ADMIN COMMAND PROMPT.

again,_ ADMIN.!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived