National-Airlines-DC-10-10-LAX-IAH-sm.jpg

National Airlines DC-10-10 LAX-IAH

New-Southwest-repaint-B-737-700-PHX-ONT-sm.jpg

Southwest Airlines B-737-700 PHX-ONT

United-Airlines-B777-200-LAX-DEN-sm.jpg

United Airlines B777-200 LAX-DEN

Western-Airlines-B-727-200-PHX-LAX-sm.jpg

Western Airlines B727-200 PHX-LAX

Thanks Jan, Darren & Frank. I have to agree with all of you that is why from time to time I put together a variety of liners names & planes. My favorite are the classics as I have downloaded maps for these liners so I can fly them as they once did small or large ones. Mostly the skies are flying smaller liners not so much the big ones like B777, B767's. Kenny

Nice shots Kenny!

And having traveled quite a bit across the US and into Europe years ago and even on occasionally,currently, I agree you're right.:(

Airlines are finding cramming more people into smaller spaces on twin engine planes makes much more money than flying the big jets!:o

Now what used to be called "coach" requires at least a business class ticket. And 1st class is a sad 2/3s scale copy of what is used to be. :mad::mad: Unless of course you're flying Emirates or one of those airlines who rent out rooms.:confused:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for responding rubert. I agree I was old enough to fly in 60's which I flew to ORD and BUF in the summer times visiting relatives flying in DC-10's occasional, B727, DC-8, DC-9. These were the day's. I miss walking up to the gate look out the large airport windows at LAX, and look at the large jets waiting to be boarded. Their were such distinctive airline markings, that is why from time to time I bring back my childhood memories. Kenny

Archived