P3D or FSX?

mindframe85

I had FSX but looking for something that could run better on a 64 bit system with a GeForce 1070 graphics card. I'm told P3D relays more on gpu and it's usually up to par with updates. I just download XP11 and noticed that a lot of default scenery such as Boston for example has a lot of missing scenery objects. I'm sure the same goes for other airports. I was pretty disappointed with XP11 thinking it was going to feature all airports and scenery. Guess I was wrong. Does P3D have all default scenery and all correct airports?

yes. Essentially the same as FSX but some are more detailed. Version 4 of P3D is due to be released today at 2PM EST.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I had FSX but looking for something that could run better on a 64 bit system with a GeForce 1070 graphics card. I'm told P3D relays more on gpu and it's usually up to par with updates. I just download XP11 and noticed that a lot of default scenery such as Boston for example has a lot of missing scenery objects. I'm sure the same goes for other airports. I was pretty disappointed with XP11 thinking it was going to feature all airports and scenery. Guess I was wrong. Does P3D have all default scenery and all correct airports?

Yes, and no. Default airports are NOT real world correct, but there are some very good ones in the default install. But most will not feature detailed scenery, just a generic recreation. You do, however get more than 24,000 or so. Otherwise the same as default FSX, with a few exceptions.

If you want correct airports (whatever that means) you will need to turn to the P3D aftermarket,

Sigh!!,

PLEASE no EULA lectures here. We do not need any policing or advice of how we conduct ourselves. EULA comments/advice has been done & dusted, & is like flogging a dead horse!

Just saying!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

EULA is between USER and LM and is none of anyone else's business. Comments or advice on EULA is NOT allowed.

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived