Baltimore, Washington Intl.

ltbill

I downloaded and installed the scenery file for the fs9 Baltimore, Washington Intl. airport, but when I fly to it I get within

15 miles and Flight Simulator locks up. I can't even start a flight from there. I had the older version of same airport and

had no problems, but I lost that airport in a computer virus and lost everything. Can,t find a Baltimore, Washington Intl.

that will work. Any suggestions? ltbill

Sounds like a duplicate afcad file or one which has errors, e.g. a missing start position. Are you sure that you have no remnants of your previous airport hiding anywhere.

Where did you download your airport from ? Do you have a complete file name so that I can download and test the exact same one ?

Hans

Sounds like a duplicate afcad file or one which has errors, e.g. a missing start position. Are you sure that you have no remnants of your previous airport hiding anywhere.

Where did you download your airport from ? Do you have a complete file name so that I can download and test the exact same one ?

Hans

This would be my best guess at the download used.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery FS2004 Scenery--Baltimore/Washington Int'l

[ Download | View ]

Name: kbwik5v2.zip

Size: 29,237,350 Date: 11-05-2005 Downloads: 8,134

FS2004 Scenery--Baltimore/Washington International Airport (KBWI), Maryland (MD), v2. Full version with installer. By Matthew Perry and Joshua Broadwater. (Previous version had 1069 downloads.)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thaks for zip file for Baltimore/Washington, will try it.... Bill "ltbill"

OK! Thought that might have been the one causing you the problems....maybe not?

I searched for BWI on Flight sim website, I downloaded the same one suggested. I flew from BOS to BWI. Everything went great until I was to bank via NAV, then it locked up too. I haven't tried it again since but I could nothing to loose. Maybe I should try again just in case it was a weird hiccup. Kenny

I searched for BWI on Flight sim website, I downloaded the same one suggested. I flew from BOS to BWI. Everything went great until I was to bank via NAV, then it locked up too. I haven't tried it again since but I could nothing to loose. Maybe I should try again just in case it was a weird hiccup. Kenny

+1 I also tried it in my Sim. Same situation as I was about to turn to final about 15 miles out it froze solid. That download I showed is the one the OP was having difficulties with.

I just made up a flight from JFK-BWI, it did not freeze, but then when pulling up to gates, I had no jet way (like default). I had it previously when I downloaded this file. Not sure if that is why it worked this time verses the other time. Just a thought. I might reinstall it to see what happens, then take another flight before deciding to keep it. Kenny

I dont know what it is about BWI, but Ive tried a few different versions and could never get any of them to work. One would lock up as soon as I approached the air space! The other ones were so poor in quality, it looked like something from a comic. Another I wish I could find an improvement on is DCA. Not as bad of luck as BWI though.

One "good freeware download for DCA" has been around for 15 years, originally for FS2002 with an update for FS2004, and for my money it still looks pretty good:

Name: dca2002.zip

Size: 7,774,194 Date: 12-08-2002 Downloads: 15,613

FS2002 Scenery--Washington National Airport (KDCA). Detailed scenery of the busy downtown Ronald Reagan/Washington DC National Airport. This is Gmax rendered scenery which captures the airport as it is in real life. By Shehryar Ansari.

Name: dca2002a.zip

Size: 21,647 Date: 12-22-2005 Downloads: 4,480

FS2004 Scenery--Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (KDCA), Washington, DC, v3.1. This package fixes a problem of add-on bridges (14th Street and Metro) showing up just north the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. The fix is principally for users of the MegaScenery Mid-Atlantic but can be for anyone wanting to restore default bridges north of DCA. By Shehryar Ansari.

Bill

Archived