Traffic Tool Box SDK

ColR1948

I have recently installed my copy of FSX Gold Edition I have on disk. I installed disks 1&2 but left the acceleration disk out, the reason I left it was I didn't want the race circuits or the additional aircraft, so I downloaded SP1 & SP2 and installed those instead.

Now FSX runs OK (Windows 7) but I wanted to install Traffic Tool Box, it says it is on the Excel disk inside the service pack, so is it inside the SP1 or 2 I downloaded off the internet, if so I can't find it?

Another problem I think is I installed FSX on my spare HD not in the default location, I'm putting any sims I have on that drive.

Any help appreciated thank you.

Col.

Thanks mrzippy, I read on a few forms how to install it but to be honest I couldn't get my head round it, maybe I read too many posts on the matter I got confused lol.

So I need to download the SDK from somewhere, is there different versions?

Thanks mrzippy, I read on a few forms how to install it but to be honest I couldn't get my head round it, maybe I read too many posts on the matter I got confused lol.

So I need to download the SDK from somewhere, is there different versions?

I don't have the SDK, I'm running FSX standard edition. This is the best info I can find on the installation. Lot's of reading!

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I found it on the Acceleration disk, I followed the instructions on the website you posted, it's taking forever to install for some reason, I got the box saying 'Preparing to Install' whith the blue wheel spinning.

I have Super Traffic View Board installed and working (I think), I was hoping it would also allow me to see other aircraft beside the airliners like GA and Cargo.

I saw a program called 'Traffic Look' that works alongside FSUIPC, I downloaded that but when I click on the icon nothing happens.

This is the reason I wanted Traffic Tool Box in the hope of watching my ai aircraft.

Hi Col,

Make sure that you have the essential packages mentioned at the top of the page linked by MrZippy. You can check by looking at the Program and Features page to see what you have installed. If not sure simply download the latest versions of them from the Ms website and install using admin rights. The installers are designed to check what version you have installed and will only replace any missing/corrupted/out of date files.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian, Thanks mate, I thought I did it right, everything installed with no errors but still I have no 'Tools' in the menu anywhere, I have installed the FS9 version in that sim without a problem yet the FSX version is a different install procedure.

Look in the SDK installation tutorial, there are some advices if the Menu Extras (or Tools) didn't appear! In my case it was a missing dll file.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Archived