Lost aircraft traffic

wschneid

I installed ORBX Global Base, FTX Vector, NA Open LC and now I don't have any aircraft traffic at airports or in the sky. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution. I checked my scenery sliders and I have the sliders set to show both airline traffic and GA traffic.

wschneid

I'm using FSX Default AI traffic. I love the scenery upgrades with FTX, but I'd like to see some traffic. Empty major airports is lonely.

wschneid

Look in your FSX /Scenery/World/Scenery folder for a file called trafficAircraft.bgl. This file is responsible for default AI traffic. Your downloads could have renamed this file eliminating default AI traffic. The downloads may have also introduced other traffic.bgls that are in FS9 format which would also kill default traffic.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Greetings All,

Thanks, that did it. FTX had renamed the file as disabled. I don't know if it was to be replaced with some other traffic file, but traffic is back.

Orbx has an outstanding AI General Aviation package (freeware) for North America as well as a freeware package for Australia and New Zealand that includes GA AND Commercial. The AC models are pretty good and the variety excellent. That might have been the reason your stock traffic file was disabled.

Respectfully,

Brian

Archived