AMD 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 570 NITRO+ problem

gypsymoth

I have FS2004. The Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 stopped working & it's been replaced with a AMD 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 570 NITRO+ graphics card. FS9 doesn't recognise it & I don't know what to do.

As it stands, I cannot get it to go full screen, & in the scenery window terrain & water effects are grey. In Hardware the device name is empty & the rendering section is greyed out as is the case in cloud detail in weather.

I've searched the web for help but saw nothing to help me, except to get the latest AMD drivers which I've done but that doesn't work.

I'd be grateful if someone can suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Terry Wallis.

I have FS2004. The Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 stopped working & it's been replaced with a AMD 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 570 NITRO+ graphics card. FS9 doesn't recognise it & I don't know what to do.

As it stands, I cannot get it to go full screen, & in the scenery window terrain & water effects are grey. In Hardware the device name is empty & the rendering section is greyed out as is the case in cloud detail in weather.

I've searched the web for help but saw nothing to help me, except to get the latest AMD drivers which I've done but that doesn't work.

I'd be grateful if someone can suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Terry Wallis.

It's possible that your old drivers didn't uninstall completely before you installed your new drivers, they can be a pain to shift. There's an excellent guide and a Display Driver Uninstall tool from Guru3D here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's possible that your old drivers didn't uninstall completely before you installed your new drivers, they can be a pain to shift. There's an excellent guide and a Display Driver Uninstall tool from Guru3D here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The computer shop sorting problems out on this machine installed the RX 570 so I assume they may not have uninstalled the old drivers sufficiently. It appears to work well & the only problem I found is FS9 not seeing it.

I'll feed your comment to them !!

Thanks again.

Are you sure you connected the monitor cable to the card? If it is connected to the onboard video port the card won't be used.

Um......FS9 isn't seeing the graphics card. In the Hardware section of settings the Name (of the graphics card) window is empty.

I'm not sure what you mean about the monitor cable ? The only way the Dell monitor's dvi dual connector can connect to the card is via its dvi connector..............which is how I can see the desktop, etc. & FS9's not recognizing the graphics card.

I had this problem years ago after replacing a graphics card. I had to delete the old fs9.cfg file. Then on restart of FS9 a new .cfg file was generated. I went in after FS9 started up and changed the settings to the way I wanted. No problem after that. Hope this helps.

Are you using nvidia Inspector, again from guru3D.com? If nvidia Inspector recognises your card, set it to "ignore nvidia control panel settings" for antialising and see if that helps.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is the RX 570 recognised by your OS? Is it listed correctly in your Control Panel/System and Security/Device Manager/Display adapters? If not, that may be why FS9 doesn't recognise it either.

It's in the device manager list & the Catalyst Control Centre is working. The only problem is FS9 not seeing it. But this is now beside the point as I'm unable to find a solution, it's out & being replaced by a Zotac GTX 980.

I'm returning the RX 570 for a refund. My other machines have AMD graphics & I've never had problems like this in the 10yrs I've been using FS9.

I've never heard of anything like it either - maybe the hardware is advancing beyond FS9's capabilities after all this time? The GTX 980 should be OK, though you'll need nvidia Inspector to take full advantage.

2 yrs ago I asked a firm near Stoke to make me a flight sim computer with an AMD Radeon R9 290. When it was delivered I found it had a Nvidia GTX 980. I yelled at them & won't use them again. I swapped it for a AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB Graphics Card by FXF & FS9 runs Oh so sweetly....this is how I have the GTX 980. It ran FS9 then so I expect it will do so again.....fingers crossed!!

Archived