P3D 3.4 Texture Problem

kingconan

Hi all,

I'm really pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going wrong here so I would hugely appreciate any help anyone can suggest. I've tried over at the P3D forums but have received no help at all and it's the only way of me requesting 'official' help.

Ever since I've installed P3D3.4 I have an issue where the ground textures seem to be slow to load. It almost looks like they are constantly refreshing and even ground textures that I'm overflying will look to "re-load" as I fly over. It's hugely distracting and I can't enjoy my sim at all at the moment.

This is when flying a fresh installed (on a reformatted SSD) with no addons and I've tried experimenting having my P3D settings as low as they will go, medium and high but the same happens. This occurs when flying low and slow (3000ft, 170kt) and at FL360 M.780 so it happens across all ranges.

The textures will look fairly crisp on the ground but as I fly near them they will reload constantly.

My system specs: I7 6700K overclocked to 4.0Ghz, Nvida GTX 960, 250gb SSD and 16gb DDR4 RAM.

The link below will take you to 2 images. The first at 0.70 zoom and the second at 0.80 zoom. This shows how close ground objects are before they are loaded. This isn't the exact issue I'm facing with the ground textures but you'll get the point.

http://imgur.com/a/uquzm

Can anyone suggest what's going on here? I've tried everything from reformatting and fresh installs to tweaks, affinity masks, nvidia nspector but still can't find anything to work.

It's so distracting that my sim is useable in this current form. Interstingly I didn't have this problem in V2.5 but now many of my addons are only compatible with 2.5 so I don't want to have to revert back.

Thanks so much,

Owen

Archived