(Mostly) Below Niagara Falls

Rupert

I hadn't ever been below Niagara Falls except while on The Maid of the Mist. But after some posts I'll try it in my trusty Maule.

Like any low level low level passes, I like to scope things out from higher up first. Check the wind, other traffic, etc. That's especially true when I'm not flying under ATC control. :rolleyes: So Here we are approaching the Falls area from the North.

JPG N APPR.jpg

No other fools out and a breeze from the South so I'll turn around and make the next pass below the level of the canyon rim and under the main bridge.

BR APP JP.jpg

Cleared that with ease.

JP LOOKING BACK.jpg

There's the Maid of the Mist.

JPGRV2.jpg

Now to CLIMB!!

JPG CLIMB CLIMB.jpg

After a run to the South I'll go over the top and dive to near water level, then hope to level off before I hit anything.

JPG OVER THE TOP.jpg

JPG GOING DOWN.jpg

A quick right turn to the North and try to get low enough to go under the bridge again!

JP TRUNING NORTH.jpg

JP BRIDGE NORTH.jpg

Just Cleared it!!

JPG bridge lookback.jpg

I had a couple more shots I could have added, but hey ten is plenty.

Think I'll go have a beer and hope no one calls John Law!!;)

Michael

:o:o MY BAD!! "Cleared it with ease" and Just cleared it" are in the wrong order. I'm not smart enough to move them now. When I attempted to do so I ended up with a Attached Thumbnail shot. :confused::confused: Just enjoy, I had funny "flying it."

JPG n bridge 2.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Looks great Bob! Mine is the ORBX standard.

BTW: Looking at a couple of those shots, it appears you are holding your stick in your right hand. :D

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived