Scenery intermittently loading after installing World of AI

kaashaas

Hi guys,

I had a very crazy day and decided to install, after 20 years of simming, some packages from World of AI. I now have some strange things going on.

1) Scenery keeps loading every few minutes or so. As in: black screen, FS-Prompt with a bar filling to 100 percent, then the flight continues.

2) It looks like the scenery textures load up rather strange when they enter the visibility radius; flash white before getting their own normal colours.

3) Strange blue screen crashes with a memory dump. I analysed them using WhoCrashed and it points me to 'a serious memory management error occured'. I ran Memtest86+ for 24 hours from a boot-usb and had no errors so RAM is fine.

Also the systemfiles check of Windows came back without errors. (Must note that I activated the VAS-monitor in FSUIPC since the WoAI install. Vas is never exceeded allthough there's not much space left, about .8GB

Is this normal behaviour for WoAI? Is there something I can do about it?

Windows 10 - 64bit on SSD

FSX:SE on the same SSD

PMDG 737NGX

AS16, Mega Airport Amsterdam

REX4 textures, all 2048

Graph settings FSX medium-ish

AMD 6300 3,5 GHz

NVidia GT960 4Gb Twin Frozer Gaming

2x 8Gb DDR Ram

Grtz., Hans

What happens if you uninstall those WOAI packages? If you used the WOAI installer then the aircraft are in your SimObjects/Airplanes folder and the .bgls are in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This is not because of 'bad' WOAI.

It sounds like a VAS issue, or a much more serious issue with your pc.

Of course installing a lot of WOAI will add a little to the VAS, because more objects (planes) are near you. Especially at large airports.

Other things would have done that too, like high detail airports.

It's not because those airports or WOAI are "bad", your pc just can't cope.

But, BlueScreen is strange. It sounds PC related. Normally you would just get an Out Of Memory error.

Any suspect software you installed recently? Do a virus scan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's the thing il88pp, the only thing that has changed is WOAI. VAS is okay, like I said and even if I max out on all my sliders on heavy airports this doesn't happen. Ofcourse I get 3 frames per week then, but it doesn't crash.

I don't think it's a big hardware issue since I extensively tested my RAM and hardwarecomponents. Or at least...that's what I keep telling myself anyway. Haha!

I'm thinking: I'm running an MSI motherboard. I'm a rooky as far as hardware tweaking is concerned but...

If you overclock a CPU in some cases the system gets unstable. I'm not running an overclock, but could it be that my particular CPU needs some tweaking to run properly under high loads, even on default settings? Again: I've never touched the default settings but I read and hear that every CPU has its particularities.

@MrZippy: I uninstalled WOAI using the installer program. The problem is now gone. Even though I'm glad to have this solution available, I'm still looking for a way to get it running.

Thnx for your help guys!

Grtz., Hans

Grtz., Hans

Very interesting! I run about 40 different WOAI packages including airlines, cargo and GA. I normally run my airline traffic slider at 35%, GA at about 15% and will get a plenty busy airport and skies near airports with no memory problems, other than my "personal" memory problems!

Who was that guy I saw in the mirror this morning?????

Thing is, VAS is fine. It's .8 GB left at its worst. I have never (litterally never) had an OOM. I know they exist by reading this forum.

I'm running a system stresstest (Prime95) right now to see if it's a hardware problem.

Also....something else changed. I switched off the VAS monitor funtion in FSUIPC on my last try. Once the stresstest is complete I'll run FSX with the WOAI packages installed (I only downloaded 6 packages btw which is not a lot...) with and without the VAS monitoring of FSUIPC to see what happens and to rule out that factor.

To be continued!

Grtz., Hans

Okay, I'm running a combined CPU, GPU and RAM stresstest. All resources were occupied 100% for 12 hours now.

So far no errors detected, which makes the possibility that there's a problem with my PC very little. I'll let the stresstest continue for the night and see what happens.

Will keep you posted!

Grtz., Hans

Just a question: is it possible to delete the .bgl files, whilst letting the aircraft right where they are in order to use them use them as aircraft models when flying online on VatSIM?

This might also reduce the scenery load on the system since it doesn't have to calculate and render all this AI movement.

The thing is that with 'number of aircraft' in the aircraft settings under 'options' set to zero, the poorly and white flashing loading of tiles is still there. Removing the .bgl's might eleminate this maybe. But, my question, can I just remove these .bgl's without a problem and still have the airplane models visually show up when flying online?

Grtz., Hans

The stresstesting was safely limited ofcourse, when temps run too high the test simply shuts off. Didn't happen though; CPU temp was at 36C max, GPU 64C max. So that was quite ok.

Ofcourse temps only indicate, considering I don't have a top notch system, something about my cooling which is probably okay.

I'll run things up later today with the FSUIPC Vas option on and off to see if that makes a difference. After that I'll remove the .bgl's to exclude these as a factor.

Keep you posted.

Grtz., Hans

Okay, here's what I got so far:

FSX:SE + WOAI + FSUIPC Vas-counter= Flashes & BSOD

FSX:SE + WOAI - FSUIPC Vascounter= Only flashes

FSX:SE - WOAI + FSUIPC Vas-counter= BSOD

FSX:SE + WOAI but with .bgl's removed= no problems at all.

So, it seems that there were two isolated factors:

VAS-viewer in FSUIPC messes something up in my hardware which causes a blue screen of death.

And the .bgl's that are installed with WOAI somehow causes tiles of the scenery to flicker white just before they're loaded. Increasing or decreasing the ammount of AI-planes visible in the sim made no difference; the flickering only went away after deleting the .bgl's which probably overloaded the graphics card. Which is then again strange since the workload on the GPU never got above 86%.

Could it be that, since my system is obviously CPU-limited, a very busy CPU (workload 100% on 5 cores, the 0-core on 26-83%) causes the flickering?

Grtz., Hans

Hans, Nobody has a more limited CPU than the rubberband powered, thunderbolt grease-slapper that I have! I have crowded airports and skies with no problems from WOAI.

You're not rubbing 2 pieces of silicon together and calling it a computer, are you?;)

Archived