Plane for fsx.

jt23

Hello back in fs2004 I had a fictional plane that I downloaded called the Stratojet Exacilbur. It was a supersonic business jet which had some decent features for a freeware plane such as a good autopilot and a display showing you how much flight time you had left based on fuel. I tried to add this plane to fsx awhile back but encountered some errors. Does anyone know if there's a way to get this plane to work in FSX? Also is there something similar made for fsx?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks but I forget that I tried to install this version awhile back but got an error that said there were to many files with the same name and they must be unique also pretty much all the gauges and switches were missing from the panel. The only gauge that shows is the gyroscope. Just tried downloading it again and got the same thing. The plane seems to fly fine but just don't have any gauges.

Downloading and will give it a try! Everything looks fine!

Jet.JPG

Jet1.JPG

VC.JPG

2D.JPG

There are only 2 aircraft in the aircraft.cfg. Do you have any remnants of the older FS2004 aircraft in your FSX?

Make sure you are not trying to install the FS2004 aircraft because it may have gauges from FS98 that will not show in FSX!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks, but not sure what you mean. There's only one folder in the zip file which is the plane folder. There's 2 readme files in the folder. I followed the instructions in the readme which had instructions for installing in fsx. I placed the stratojet folder inside the airplanes folder under sim objects. Then copied the .dll file to the gauges folder in fsx and the calloutB folder in the sound folder but of course it didn't work. I will try and post a few screens shots as well. Also as far as I know there shouldnt be files for leftover from the 2004 version

Don't know if this makes any difference but I have WideViewAspect=True under [Display] in my FSX.cfg. I put no .dll into a gauges folder or anything into a sound folder.

From the README file:

By default, the aircraft is configurated for wide screen. If you want to set it for for standard screen,

you have to modify the aircraft.cfg file as follows:

Config = wide screen

panel=169 // Wide screen

//panel=43 // Standard screen

config = standard screen

//panel=169 // Wide screen

panel=43 // Standard screen

Hi,

I decided to check this out so I downloaded and installed per the readme and have none of the gauges displayed that are in the EZC.cab. As a test I extracted the Yoke Icon.xml and Yoke Icon.bmp, created a new EZC.cab and used it in place of the original and still no Yoke Icon displayed. I feel as though I'm overlooking something obvious but am baffled.

I can't tell from Zippy's post but it seems that he sees the gauges. I didn't pursue that avenue as I never use 2D panels so I don't care how round the gauges are in it.

Jim F.

Hey Bob,

Not sure where to start on this one. Did you download "StratEx1.zip" from Fly Away Simulation or "Stratojet_Excalibur-1.zip" from fs-freeware.net or something else? I'm seeing the same thing jt23 is in the image he linked to and downloaded the Fly Away Simulation file.

Jim F.

Hey Bob,

Not sure where to start on this one. Did you download "StratEx1.zip" from Fly Away Simulation or "Stratojet_Excalibur-1.zip" from fs-freeware.net or something else? I'm seeing the same thing jt23 is in the image he linked to and downloaded the Fly Away Simulation file.

Jim F.

Are you boys using WideViewAspect=True in your FSX.cfg?

stratojetex1.zip from Fly Away Simulations is for FS2004. I just downloaded it and here is a FSPS screenshot. The gauges are FS2002 type and not FS98. It looks perfect. I have installed it in FSX works OK. You have to put all the Gauges in the Gauges folder and accept them all. Bob.

P.S. If you installed them both you will get like filenames error and will have to rename them. There are no thumbnails for the FS2004 version.

stratojetex1.jpg

sj.jpg

Archived