Help Needed with Panel Problem

Retrovanian

Hi,

I used to use fs2004 and have not touched FSX for years. I now have the Steam Edition and I am using Windows 10.

I have just downloaded and installed a superb Panel for the Default Boeing 737-800 by G Munro The 2D Panel is great but when I use the 3D Panel a lot of the Display Windows in the panel are just blue with no gauges showing. What have I done wrong. Installing panels seemed a bit easier in FS 2004 but then I was a lot younger and not retired.:)

Thanks and kind regards James.

Did the Munro panel.cfg have any info under [vcockpit]? What was the filename of the download? Did you also add the new .cab file to it?

I did find a Munro 737-800 panel. Here are shots of the 2D and VC.

Munro 2D panel.JPG

VC panel.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

Thanks for your help. It looks to be the same Cockpit. I have put the Cab File and the Panel Config in the Panel Folder. I had to make some alterations to the Aircraft Config File as outlined in the instruction. The Panel Config File has got an entry for the Virtual Cockpit with gauges listed. I hope this isn't a Windows 10 problem.

Anything else I need to look at ?

Kind regards James.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. It looks to be the same Cockpit. I have put the Cab File and the Panel Config in the Panel Folder. I had to make some alterations to the Aircraft Config File as outlined in the instruction. The Panel Config File has got an entry for the Virtual Cockpit with gauges listed. I hope this isn't a Windows 10 problem.

Anything else I need to look at ?

Kind regards James.

Just curious as to what 737 panel did you do this mod to. Was it the default 737 or, like in my case, I used one of my POSKY 737-800 models. I made no other panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg changes.

It was the default 737. It is recommended for both Default and POSKY. Which POSKY Model did you use? I had to make alterations to the Exits Section of the Aircraft Config.

Kind regards James.

It was a POSKY 737-800 in Southwest livery. Can you show a screenshot of your VC as to which screens are blank...MFD, PFD, etc?

I just tried it in the default 737. I copied the panel folder to my desktop and added the .cab and the panel.cfg. I then renamed the folder to panel.test. I inserted it into the default 737 folder and chose the World Travel 737 as my test subject changing the panel=test.

It worked fine with all panels lit up in the VC.

Can you clear this up for me, I'm not in the mood to download it really.

I'm wondering. Is the VC (section) included in the panel.cfg of that Munro download?

Or are you supposed to add his panel to an existing VC, and then edit that VC section somewhat?

To me, it looks at first glance like the default 737 VC in that image.

But then I noticed the autopilot settings windows are blue.\ And the window handle looks a little different too perhaps.

As if that Window opens.

I remember installling a Posky a while back, from our File Library. It's the "Barenlivery" posky 737. (Tui I think) And the VC in there looks like it is the FSND VC By Alexandro Rojas Lucena.

The Window in it opened using the handle (or Shift+E).

(Not sure abut that blue Autolpilot though. Was that perhaps a Munro edit??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Panel File Name is boeing737ng.zip and it is from this site. Do you have to merge the original Cab with the new one or is the VC in another file in the Aircraft. When I last did panels you had the Panel. bmp. A config file and that was it. 3D panels where not really used then. The gauges went in the the Gauge folder.

Kind regards James.

After mrzippy's edit to his post it looks like the vcockpit section and gauges are already included in the Munro panel. It should all work it seems.

Gauges can be installed in the panel folder, to use them with only that plane. Or in the main Gauges folder, to use with all planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

It's me being stupid. I thought you had to remove the original Cab or the new Cab would overwrite it. Got the original Cab and the new one in the Panel Folder and the new Panel Config. It works perfectly :confused:

Call it a Senior Moment. Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks for all the help Guy's.

Kind regards James.

Hi,

It's me being stupid. I thought you had to remove the original Cab or the new Cab would overwrite it. Got the original Cab and the new one in the Panel Folder and the new Panel Config. It works perfectly :confused:

Call it a Senior Moment. Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks for all the help Guy's.

Kind regards James.

Glad you got it! One .cab was 737_800 and the new .cab was 737-800. That's why the new .cab did not overwrite the old one.

Archived