FSX shuts down whilst flying tutorials

Phil Humphreys

I am very new to flight simulator, and am using Microsoft FSX with Saitek controls, I tried everything out using free flights, then started using tutorials, but I find that part way through the tutorials the programme shuts down, I can restart by clicking the FSX symbol on the task bar three times then holding down the keyboard P button to restart from where left off. What am I doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Phil,

I'm also new and I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I am having the same problems. I was just reading something the other day and the article referenced the tutorials in FSX stopping or telling you that you're distracted and should re-read the material and then fly the tutorial again. I tried the VOR navigation in the Instrument lessons and each time, not matter how dead on I was on the outbound radial Rod would tell me that I was distracted and end the lesson. On a different one Rod, the instructor, was flying and when we got close to the airport we were supposed to land at... we just kept flying. He never did come back. I almost got shot down for flying over Canadian airspace. :) Anyway, I'm sure others will have more information but I don't think it's YOU or your set-up.

Archived