problems with accessing profiles

wolf2

hi,

for several days now, anytime I access anybody's profile and click on "find latest started threads", I get threads of theirs appearing in a random order, instead of chronologically, starting with the most recent, which is normal. have tried this on my profile and other peoples too. moderators, are u aware of the problem? any eta on a fix?

Phil Colvin

Hi Phil! I just checked your profile and clicked on "Find latest started Threads" and found 11 pages of your threads. All seemed to be in chronological order starting with your most recent and if I were to go to the last page, probably dated before I was born. ;)

Have you logged off and then back on? Have you "tossed" your cookies yet? I've done all that plus checked Java updates and also Flash Player.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

all right, wise guy. well I was having that problem on computers from both home and work, but haven't tried it for some hours. lemme try right now...what the heck! its still not chronological, and that surpises me after your result! two different computers in two different places. why happening to me and not you? weird.

edit: no, haven't tossed cookies. will try that

Phil Colvin

I'm guessing here, but you may need to go into your settings and change the way threads should display. I clicked on your profile, and the last post displayed first, with earlier ones below.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm guessing here, but you may need to go into your settings and change the way threads should display. I clicked on your profile, and the last post displayed first, with earlier ones below.

Darrell

Hi Darrell! I have mine set that way also. The newest displays at the top and goes down from there. Mine works fine!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

zippy: o m g. no further comment. and on the more serious end, im always clicking on something I didn't mean to the wondering what the hell happened. good thinking, will try that

edit:where do I go? where are "settings" ? is it off the home page, or where? cant imagine how I changed it accidentally, I cant even find it

Oh! There it is!! Right at the top of the page! :)

Phil Colvin

"find latest started threads"

It looks to me like half the threads are missing, like from 2012 on...

Mine appear chronologically (but I think sorted by last post) but there's nothing newer than 2012. I don't start threads often but I know I've started threads since 2012. I can think of one specifically that doesn't show up in my own "find latest started threads". Also there appears to be a bunch of posts missing, I appear as "topic starter" in several threads that I merely made the first reply to, somehow the "real" topic starter's post has disappeared leaving me next in line. I didn't start this thread for example:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?69926-I-shouldn-t-have-done-this-!!!

Archived