For the life of me....

Shadow 91

I can load FSX fine. Select what aircraft I want and begin to fly. But when I switch to another aircraft, FSX fails to load the entire aircraft. Only bits and pieces show up. I then have to restart FSX. What ever aircraft I load shows up fine when I want to fly. That is until I try to switch to another aircraft. Then it's a rinse and repeat. All aircraft regardless of it being a default/freeware/paid aircraft. Getting a little annoying. I run a fast computer with a very strong graphics card. Intel Core i7 4.0 up to 4.2 ghz. 16 GB's of Ram. Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB. Anyone have any idea's? I can run the game smoothly otherwise. Oh I have done very little FSX tweaking because FSX runs smooth with high settings as is. Thanks!

I can load FSX fine. Select what aircraft I want and begin to fly. But when I switch to another aircraft, FSX fails to load the entire aircraft. Only bits and pieces show up. I then have to restart FSX. What ever aircraft I load shows up fine when I want to fly. That is until I try to switch to another aircraft. Then it's a rinse and repeat. All aircraft regardless of it being a default/freeware/paid aircraft. Getting a little annoying. I run a fast computer with a very strong graphics card. Intel Core i7 4.0 up to 4.2 ghz. 16 GB's of Ram. Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB. Anyone have any idea's? I can run the game smoothly otherwise. Oh I have done very little FSX tweaking because FSX runs smooth with high settings as is. Thanks!

Try this:

In the FSX config, scroll to the graphics section and add this line: HIGHMEMFIX=1

Save and exit then fire up FSX and see if that works.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Thanks for your replies. ryapad: I googled the issue. All I could find was topics that didn't really address my problem. kingnorris: I did what you suggested. So far so good!

Again thanks for all your help.

Good to hear. When you mentioned the missing pieces after changing aircraft, that sounded like my early issues....until adding that line. Been all good ever since.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Thanks for your replies. ryapad: I googled the issue. All I could find was topics that didn't really address my problem. kingnorris: I did what you suggested. So far so good!

Again thanks for all your help.

Sorry about that, it's not a direct fix for your problem. ;) This is what I do whenever I have an odd happening in FSX, I repair, and it seems to fix it.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

+1 on DX Preview (HAS to be). Nothing else will, or can, produce that 'effect'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived