Piper 140 - No intruments showing

aviator75

Hi,

I recently got the Piper Cherokee 140 by Ole Egholm and am finding that none of the instruments are showing up. I have the Bendix/King stack installed as well as the Cherokee requires it. If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong then that would be great. I am running fs2004 on Windows 10 but do you think that could cause any issues?

Thanks,

I doubt this is a Win10 issue, it sounds more like an FS9 issue. :pilot:

You'll need to check where those Cherokee gauges are actually located and where the panel.cfg expects to find them.

If they were placed in the main FS "Gauges" folder, the panel.cfg may be looking for them somewhere else, like maybe you were supposed to copy all those gauges to the new planes Panel folder?

Unfortunately, this shouldn't be hard to fix but you'll need to post some of the panel.cfg lines so we can make heads and tails out of it. :confused:

Meanwhile, check to see if you unzipped everything correctly.

Double check where you unzipped everything to. Was there an install program or did you place the files and folders manually into FS? Find where the gauges are installed and you should find the problem.

If it's the Piper 140 that is in our Library Piper140.zip, then you need to look in the panel folder of this aircraft and you will find about 6 or 7 .zip files that need to be unzipped and the gauge file and 2 .bmp files need to be added to that panel folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If it's the Piper 140 that is in our Library Piper140.zip, then you need to look in the panel folder of this aircraft and you will find about 6 or 7 .zip files that need to be unzipped and the gauge file and 2 .bmp files need to be added to that panel folder.

It is pa2814oe.zip. I have tried placing the "pa28" cabinet file into my MSFS Gauges folder but that didn't work either.

Edit: I got Piper140.zip and tried installing that as well. The same thing happens AND I cannot see the second "C-FTVW" Livery in the aircraft selection menu.

Thanks,

Nope, my sim won't show any instruments or gauges at all other than the non-working Garming GPS 100 (For some reason, different from the one in your screenshot) at the bottom of the stack. I also do not have a 2d panel. I would add a screenshot but for some reason it isn't letting me.

Nope, my sim won't show any instruments or gauges at all other than the non-working Garming GPS 100 (For some reason, different from the one in your screenshot) at the bottom of the stack. I also do not have a 2d panel. I would add a screenshot but for some reason it isn't letting me.

OK, then my guess is that these aircraft have got some problems with them. I just made a thread in the "Comments" forum about the screenshot upload problem. Rick's been messing around with updates to the Site.

Alright, thanks for your help once again.

Also, is it just me or is the website being very slow to load? If it is you as well, please do mention that as well.

Thanks,

YES! Thankyou! I thought I was the only one affected by this slow loading garbage going on. I emailed Nels about it and never got a reply back. I wish Rick would quit screwing up the Site!

Archived