No Mouse in Fs2k4

starraker

Can Anyone Tell Me how to get the mouse to be visible & working in Fs'2k4 running under windows 7 64 bit please? has anyone else had this problem with the sim in full screen mode using a Logitech m570 trackball aboard a just flight pic 737 ? I have no functioning mouse in any cockpits 2d or virtual is there something about windows 7 64 bit that prevents usage of the mouse while in full screen mode?

Does the mouse cursor appear when running FS in windowed mode? I have Win7 x64 and a Logitech wheel mouse. The cursor shows as white with a thin black outline in windowed mode as normal, but it's all black in full screen mode, possibly due to my anti-aliasing settings. If FS doesn't recognise your mouse at all, you might need to update your mouse drivers.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The cursor shows as white with a thin black outline in windowed mode as normal, but it's all black in full screen mode, possibly due to my anti-aliasing settings.

Tiger and OP, try opening the kneeboard and closing it when in full screen mode. See if it cures the mouse problem.

Mark Daniels

Thanks Mark, it works for me - the cursor shows up properly.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Great! I found the cursor appears to be forced to the background in Win 7 same as some other elements of FS9 resulting in the black cursor. Opening the kneeboard forces it back to the foreground so it works normally and you get a white cursor back.
Mark Daniels

Years ago when I just had win7 the cursor turned black at times too. (not in fsx I think). I found win7 has many cursors, and different ones are set to show at different times. I found the black one and when it showed, and then changed it to a white one. Simple change in "control panel--keyboard/personalization".
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it works but only if I leave the kneeboard open and move it down to the bottom of the screen I've been flightsimming for years going back to flight sim 98 & I want to continue as always in full screen mode can you give me anymore exacting details about closing the kneeboard but retaining the mouse cursor?

it works but only if I leave the kneeboard open and move it down to the bottom of the screen I've been flightsimming for years going back to flight sim 98 & I want to continue as always in full screen mode can you give me anymore exacting details about closing the kneeboard but retaining the mouse cursor?

It's never been a real issue for me as even if it's black I can use it. I usually open the kneeboard to get the white cursor back only when I feel like it. Never really looked into the problem too much other than noticed it appears related to windows not opening up in front of the FS application as they should in Win 7. The problem appears to throw the mouse cursor into a different mode. You could try il88pp's suggestion and assign the black cursor to white. For me, just opening the kneeboard and closing it brings the white back. Not even sure what causes it to turn black offhand, I don't really pay enough attention to it, would need to actually go and test.

Try opening the kneeboard, even hit some of the kneeboard tabs and see if anything triggers it to stay white. As it does work for Tiger and myself may even be the specific Windows cursors you are using. I'd try some different Windows cursors.

Mark Daniels

In case this is still an issue. That mouse pointer selection in Windows is in:

Control Panel--Hardware and Sounds--Devices and Printers--Mouse

Then click the "Mouse Pointers" tab.

See if there is a black arrow listed there, if so, look when hat gets used, and try changing it for a white one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived