Prepar 3D Stutters issues even with over 50 FPS

xlarrasnow

Hi everyone,

I must say I'm a bit frustrated with the performance. I get very good frames (over 50 FPS in almost every airport scenery.

My system:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2z9f8zb.png

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Formula

Proccesor: i7 7700k (Overclocked to 4.8GHz and estabilished

G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 4x8GB CL14

2 x Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

Whater cooling system

2 x Samsung EVO 859 SSD 500GB

I am using Prepar 3D 3.4 Version with:

FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation

ORBX FTX Global Base Pack

ORBX FTX OpenLC Europe

ORBX FTX Vector

Rex 4

AS2016 with ASCA

PMDG 737

I'm using the last NVIDIA driver 378.92

I wonder if someone could help me, I'm really frustrated and a relly can't perform better my simulator. I tryed with Procces Lasso and NVIDIA Control Panel as weel with no lucky results.

Thanks everybody in advance.

Well, as you've found out, FPS essentially has no bearing on stutters - especially with P3D.

Lock your fps at 30 - then start tuning your system to get the smoothest operation you can. Look for any background processes that might be phoning home. Do your tuning with a default, simple a/c like the Bonanza. Each system is a little different but your aim is to find the lowest FPS where you get the smoothest operation. When you get it smooth at 30, drop down to 20.

My system is almost like yours and I keep it at 20 and it's smooth as glass.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Well, as you've found out, FPS essentially has no bearing on stutters - especially with P3D.

Lock your fps at 30 - then start tuning your system to get the smoothest operation you can. Look for any background processes that might be phoning home. Do your tuning with a default, simple a/c like the Bonanza. Each system is a little different but your aim is to find the lowest FPS where you get the smoothest operation. When you get it smooth at 30, drop down to 20.

My system is almost like yours and I keep it at 20 and it's smooth as glass.

Vic

I put the fps rate on 30 and It looks is working really good. Thanks a lot guys.

vgbaron, you have more or less similiar system than me, can you please tell me your settings on you P3D , Nvidia Control panel, Nvidia Inspector, Proccess Laso...

Thanks a lot

Tried Project Lasso - didn't see any benefit. As far as NVI and NVCPL - the only settings I change - set anisotropic filter to 16x, set power management to maximum performance. For P3D - I lock fps at 20 - water is high - most other sliders at or near max. Don't set AI traffic above 15%. You have to try and balance your settings for YOUR specific hardware. I'd start with all sliders in the middle and see what happens as you adjust.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived