Not able to open zipfile?

tonyleo

I'm using 7zip and when I double click on the zipped file I get what's in my screenshot!

The 2 files with red arrows get put into your AddonScenery/Scenery folder and will be added to your airport when you start FSX.

file download.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Like Zippy, I use 7Zip, and I downloaded and opened that file with no trouble.

I've seen that happen sometimes with file downloads. Most of the time, just delete the file, and download it again to solve the problem. All it takes is a slight error in the downloading, a dropped byte here or there, and it's shot.

Works fine for me, anyway.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 1 year later...
Hi

thanks for the reply.

Its not saving it as a proper zip file, it will default to windows gallery, or adobe reader, etc.

I also recommend 7zip...…..

Does this occur only with this particular file or does it happen with other zip files?

If it happens to all zip type files, and as you state that it is not saving as a 'proper' .zip file, then that is a good indication that you have a file association problem.

I suspect that at some point you have accidently changed the file association properties for this type of file and resetting the file association should fix the problem...….

Regards

Brian

Archived