F18F Rio for FSX

usb777

Been looking for a Rio to add to an FSXF I ported over from FS9. The FS9 Rio to many old gauges and I have yet to master replacing them. Anyone know of one someone has updated?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I can't seem to find a decent F-model for FSX, but I DO know of a good D Model, if you want it. It has a full rear (RIO) cockpit.

I can put a link up to it if you want.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That would be dreat! Here is where I found an F-18F

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=fsxusn&x=0&y=0

In the package is an EA FG-18G_Groweler. However, it is really an !*F model and the model file works in FSX without the blacked out VC. I the was able to add the textures from the FS9 Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet reworked the afterburners and 2D cockpit to my likking catapults and lands in acceleration great. Even downloaded the texture file from the movie "Behind Enemy Lines" if you have seen it. Black, Aces,Desert Rattles.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Hi Mike,

Do an advanced search on this site for either Team FS KBT or Hiroaki Kubota (who is a member of Team FS KBT) - they do a number of F-18 Super hornet models for the E, F and G. There are also a number of repaints and alt configuration files also available for the Hornet models. Note that using the search phrases listed above will also bring up their other non F-18 packages so you may want to try other phrases to get only the F-18 stuff. I believe, but am not 100% sure, that the F-18 model included in the package you have linked is the base FS KBT model

Regards

Brian

The FSDT FSX BA F/A-18D model only comes in THIS version. The older v15.6.

HOWEVER, you can upgrade the FCS to the v16.1, which is the latest, and by far the best F/A-18 FCS available, bar none. Read through THIS THREAD. It pretty much explains the whole thing.

Hope this is some help...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

The FSDT FSX BA F/A-18D model only comes in THIS version. The older v15.6.

HOWEVER, you can upgrade the FCS to the v16.1, which is the latest, and by far the best F/A-18 FCS available, bar none. Read through THIS THREAD. It pretty much explains the whole thing.

Hope this is some help...

Pat☺

I have looked at that but I can't find where to get the FSX BA F/A-18D aircraft to start. Am I missing something?

Mike G.

There are links to DL the D model about 3/4 of the way down the first post of the first link I posted. Actually, that's a slightly improved version of the v15.6 . I know, I helped work on it with Peter. :)

Is that what you needed to know?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that is what I thought but weht to that link and the page it put me on has a lot of odd things to download and one I tried actually alerted my firewall which is always spooky.

Here is the link that said something about the D model:

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/v0lcKrVW/file.html

Mike G.

Ok, that's the Captain Sim version, and if i'm not mistaken, all Peter did was add textures for it, but he may have modded the original a little. Go farther down, the where it says (NH) FA-18D airplane mod:.

You will need to DL the airplane only, AND the textures for it as two separate downloads, under that heading, then install them into the same folder in FSX to get the plane AND all the textures for it. He did that to make the download file sizes a little more manageable. Also, I believe you can install only the textures you want. You don't HAVE to install them all.

Hope that's what you needed to see :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, that's the Captain Sim version, and if i'm not mistaken, all Peter did was add textures for it, but he may have modded the original a little. Go farther down, the where it says (NH) FA-18D airplane mod:.

You will need to DL the airplane only, AND the textures for it as two separate downloads, under that heading, then install them into the same folder in FSX to get the plane AND all the textures for it. He did that to make the download file sizes a little more manageable. Also, I believe you can install only the textures you want. You don't HAVE to install them all.

Hope that's what you needed to see :D

Pat☺

Now I just can't locate and download the D model. Help me please I have the C

Mike G.

I have downloaded both of those files but they have a .7z extension what ever that is I have not seen before. I do wan t to thank you and Phantom for helping me out, I did get the C package and already adjusted the panel to fly using my three monitor build.

Mike G.

I have downloaded both of those files but they have a .7z extension what ever that is I have not seen before. I do wan t to thank you and Phantom for helping me out, I did get the C package and already adjusted the panel to fly using my three monitor build.

7z us a file package like a Windows zip file. It is just another way for developers to take an installed series of folders and compress and distribute them. You need to open and extract the files using a file utility. WinZip, 7-Zip or WinRAR will all open a .7z file. You simply need to extract them to a location and all of the files that would normally go in to the SimObjects\Airplanes folder will be there. At that point, you can copy all of those files straight over to SimObjects\Airplanes and you will be good to go. You can download a 7Zip extractor here for example:

http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

Holy Tamoly! Gees. I have used the winzip before. I finally downloaded and unzipped them. One Winzip wanted me to buy the utility but I found the free one. Thanks everybody!!!

Mike G.

The D models still required the old 15.6 package holy cow did they complicate things slaving other files. I got it figured out and the VC Rio in the Blue Angel D model is great But in the beginning of my thread I should have been more specific. I am looking for a 2D Rio for the F-18F. It is all good though because these F18's are fantastic I might never have found them.

Mike G.

I'm sorry we didn't find the 2D RIO cockpit specifically for an F model, but I am glad you're enjoying what we DID find for you :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh Ya, this one even has that nice sonic boom visual effect creating the funnel. The Blue Angel textures look so real to.

Mike G.

From what I've read on the FSDT forums, even some real world F/A-18 drivers are impressed by the v16.1. They say it's better by a ways than even the sims they use for training. Of course, it helps they have a Navy sim operator on the design team :D

I'm no Hornet driver, but, hey, if it impresses them, I am on board 100%!

Enjoy it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree. Not sure how a real one flies but these models sure look real.

Mike G.

Archived