Justflight's Hawk T1 Trainer -- first class model, great holiday price

graaant

After hesitating due to early reviews and price, couldn't resist JF's holiday deal and took the leap. Following Max Beckett's Part 1 Tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxDiV56w4l8, was through startup procedure and in the air in five minutes, followed by a creditable landing, speed low/nose high/small bump -- and am a happy man, chuffed with my Xmas pressie. Thanks for all the good work at JF, for a v. fine model indeed.

It is a nice looking plane. I bet it is a great flier!

However, like many utubes I couldn't watch the clip but for about 30 seconds. Similar to some peoples' home movies, instead of panning or slowly moving the shot bounces in, out, and all over which frankly can give me a headache.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes, lovely model, and a great flier that feels v. authentic.

The Youtube video has nothing to do with Just Flight -- jumpy and not very professional, but one that got me quickly oriented to the panels and switches. An alternative approach, of course, is to go to the Hawk manual, figure out the switches, etc. ... then press Shift-4 to use the Hawk's interactive checklist, which is all I use now.

Hi,

@ graaant - like you, hesitated to buy due to the poor early reviews and decided to hold off until the first patch was issued - a trend that I have done with all JF stuff that I have brought to date. Finally bit the bullet and brought it in the sale..........

Great model and flies well - have tried both 'flying' setups (standard and stable) and can tell you that, as mentioned in the manual, flying in the standard mode with high wind settings can be very tricky..............

@ Rupert - suggest you head over to the Just Flight product page if you haven't done so already and view their short promo video https://www.justflight.com/product/hawk-t1a-advanced-trainer..........

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian:

Have gone thro' the manual and the JF forum without finding the "'flying setups (standard and stable)" you mention -- were you referrring to basic FSX realism settings (I have all my sliders far right), or is there another way to work with flying setups that I've missed?

Uh ... duh ... just spotted it in the obvious place ... the Configurator in the Hawk folder. Happy to see that it's set to Standard, rather than Stable, by default.

Best,

Grant

Hi Grant,

My apologies, I thought I had read it in the manual but I actually found it on a configuration tool that is installed with product but 'hidden' and seems to be not documented.........

After installing I noticed that there was a number of new menu entries in the Windows Start menu listing under Just Flight - they were links to the PDF and a link to what is called, on my listing, Hawk Configurator. Clicking on this opens a very basic configuration tool that gives a number of options.........

The first is to select the on ground steering method (the options being Differential (Realistic) - which is set as default - or Nosewheel)

The second option selects the flight model - the options being Standard or Extra Stable for the majority of models and two additional entries for the Red Arrow models. There is also a link titled What is This? - click on this and it gives details of the two modes.......

Regards

Brian

Archived