Bull Stearman

ilovenxstage

I just got the boeing "Bull" stearman, originally fa9 but made to work on fsx. Now it is excellent plane...except the little transparent parts on bottom corners of windscreen. One is for re leveling the elevator trim, and other is for SLIGHTLY changing transparency of windscreen. Me, I think they look ugly. Is it posible to remove the transparent squares, or do I have to live with them?

Ooooo. I put a LOT of miles on this baby. Years ago. Souped it up too. There are 2 files at Simviation (see pic). One update says 'new model'. Perhaps that will fix your problem (due to port over to FSX from FS9) as those aspects can only be fixed if you have access to the model files (ie: 'bmp' files). Worth a try. You can also try to find a different (FSX) panel for it.

Chuck B

Napamule

Bull  Stearman_2011.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Good find, Chuck! I tried the FS9 model from AVSIM and I agree those small windows in the windscreen are a pain. Trying the FSX model from Simviation.

Bummer! Just as bad, if not worse!

stearman.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I use a different 2D panel and only copy over the (window.07) and the cab file so the panels can be removed so the engine can show. It is SUPER detailed. I worked on the FDE and the speed is ok (cruise 240 kts, 60% pwr) but the handling needs a bit of work. Not nimble enough even tho it flys 'ok'. Here are pics of engine detail.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I only flew it in FSX Accel and the prop is ok so that is a plus.

Open Panels0.jpg

Open Panels2.jpg

Open Panels4.jpg

Open Panels6.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I use a different 2D panel and only copy over the (window.07) and the cab file so the panels can be removed so the engine can show. It is SUPER detailed. I worked on the FDE and the speed is ok (cruise 240 kts, 60% pwr) but the handling needs a bit of work. Not nimble enough even tho it flys 'ok'. Here are pics of engine detail.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I only flew it in FSX Accel and the prop is ok so that is a plus.

Nice pictures I love radial engines. How did you you remove prop? As for original problem, the big squares in corners are still there no mater what I try. What bothers me most is where the square is, I can not see my struts or my fuel lines etc. that come down from wing.

Those 'windows' are part of the panel bitmap. Get a different 2D panel and fly from that. I 'removed' the prop by zooming in by pressing 'Down' on hat switch. Push 'Up' to zoom out while in 'fixed view' (added to 'cameras.cfg' and substitues for 'spot view'). See below.

[CameraDefinition.003]

Title = Fixed Spot //Locked Spot

Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}

Description = This is the description of the spot view.

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal //Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FixedChase // FlatChase

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = Yes

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category = Outside

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Just posted video over at Flight Videos forum. Watch at 720 p.

Archived