Retrospective FSX SE only setup

tgon

Following a disappointing download and setup of GTX on my FSX SE set up I realised that my PC still thinks there's multiple sims installed; FSX boxed and FSX SE. I can see why.

Originally I had FSX installed, bought FSX SE to try it out, then uninstalled FSX boxed. What I hadn't realised until trying to install GTX correctly is the subtle differences of installed multiple FSX versions and leftovers from the uninstall that confuse the matter.

I've read threads and links on numerous sites that spawn even more threads and links citing what is suggested to do with the registry, paths, config, etc but not found a definitive "Here's what to do" guide that essentially, readjusts the registry, paths and configs to a single FSX SE entity so that great addons like GTX install and run correctly.

Is there such a single guide to have a single clean sim?

Following a disappointing download and setup of GTX on my FSX SE set up I realised that my PC still thinks there's multiple sims installed; FSX boxed and FSX SE. I can see why.

Originally I had FSX installed, bought FSX SE to try it out, then uninstalled FSX boxed. What I hadn't realised until trying to install GTX correctly is the subtle differences of installed multiple FSX versions and leftovers from the uninstall that confuse the matter.

I've read threads and links on numerous sites that spawn even more threads and links citing what is suggested to do with the registry, paths, config, etc but not found a definitive "Here's what to do" guide that essentially, readjusts the registry, paths and configs to a single FSX SE entity so that great addons like GTX install and run correctly.

Is there such a single guide to have a single clean sim?

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

The following fsrijnmond install guide for FSX and FSX Steam may be helpful. It will show you all the paths. It explains the dual install setup as well.

http://fsrijnmond.airworld.nl/FSX%20Steam%20se/How%20To%20Install%20FSX-Steam%20Edition.pdf

Has anyone said how awesome you are today? Thanks, that just what I needed!

Archived