Repaint in FSX Steam Edition

bdpatton23

So I'm having a problem with repaints in the Steam edition. I had the box game a long time ago on a different computer when I would download them on that they would usually show up, not always, but most of the time. However, now I can't seem to get any repaints to show up in the free flight menu for some reason. I don't know if it's acceleration, steam, or windows 10 that may be causing some issue or if I'm just overlooking something dumb. Adding altogether new aircraft doesn't seem to be a problem though. Anyways, here's an example of one of the repaints:

[fltsim.7]

title=Boeing 737-832 Delta New Colors

sim=Boeing737-800

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=daln

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=N3744F

atc_airline=Delta

atc_flight_number=1123

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type="737-800"

ui_variation=Delta Air Lines

ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby=Microsoft Corporation

description=One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service.

And Yes, the texture file is texture.daln.

Any suggestions on what I'm missing? And if it' something dumb sorry in advance

Not sure why it is not showing up. For troubleshooting, try changing "texture=2" and see if the same texture (should be World Travel here) shows up twice.
http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

That didn't work either. Still only the one world travel thumbnail along with the rest of the default variations.

Are you trying to add that repaint to the default 737-800. The only repaints I saw for that particular 737-832 Delta New Colors were for POSKY models, not default.

What file did you download?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Do you have the little Show All Variations box at the bottom of the Aircraft Select screen checked?

Is the line sim= identical to the other paints for that sort of airplane? Even 1 symbol/letter/number difference will make it not show up. Same with the ui_manufacturer or ui_type lines.

I've had Steam since the day it came out, and I haven't had a problem. By the same token, I am running Win8. I don't think it has any effect, but I may be wrong. Do you maybe have a problem with UAC not permitting modification of the Aircraft.cfg file?

I'm just trying to think of anything it could possibly be...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I thought that could be a possible situation and it could still be and Im just really unlucky but I've tried this with about 6 or 7 of the default aircraft and it just doesn't seem to want to work this time around. Here's the link though if you wanna check it out: http://www.flyafa.com/aircraft.php I downloaded the default one under category 3, not the opensky one in this situation.

@Phantom Yeah I have all the variations checked and "all" at the top of across the board. Thanks for you're help on the situation though, I've tried pretty much everything I could think of at this point but it may just come down to letting go of that OCD need for the cool repaint and start flying one of the default ones. :)

I thought that could be a possible situation and it could still be and Im just really unlucky but I've tried this with about 6 or 7 of the default aircraft and it just doesn't seem to want to work this time around. Here's the link though if you wanna check it out: http://www.flyafa.com/aircraft.php I downloaded the default one under category 3, not the opensky one in this situation.

Sorry, looking under the different categories, I saw nothing for Delta Airlines. I would say stick to our File Library for the best results.

Yeah i know that was a bit confusing, I was just linking to another of the same type of aircraft that also didn't work. Yeah I normally would just stick to this library, but I was just trying to grab some skins for a virtual airlines I run with. Maybe they are out of date or something, who knows.

Have you tried copying the aircraft.cfg to your Desktop, making your edits and saving, then copying back to the aircraft folder?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Have you tried copying the aircraft.cfg to your Desktop, making your edits and saving, then copying back to the aircraft folder?

peace,

the Bean

Yeah tried that too. Anyways, no worries, I don't wanna keep bumpin the thread if I'm the only one having problems with this sort of thing so I think I'll just fiddle with it a little longer and then give up. Thanks to everyone who tried to help :)

Figured out why it wasn't working hurray. In the steam edition for new aircraft you do everything the same but for liveries you have to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes and put the texture and edit the aircraft.cfg from there. Don't know why but I hope that helps if anybody else ends up trying to figure that out. Was annoying as hell. Anyways problem solved. Thanks guys! :D

Figured out why it wasn't working hurray. In the steam edition for new aircraft you do everything the same but for liveries you have to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes and put the texture and edit the aircraft.cfg from there. Don't know why but I hope that helps if anybody else ends up trying to figure that out. Was annoying as hell. Anyways problem solved. Thanks guys! :D

Thanks, good info! It's now copied and will use it the next time someone has this problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased Steam Edition during last sale and was pulling my hair out trying to get a re-paint working that I had been using in Accelleration for a few years now.

Was about to give up when I found this thread. This advice worked perfectly and now I know how to add my two or three other repaints that I have to the Steam Edition.

Thank you bdpatton23.

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Archived