FSX Steam Edition problem with aircraft

When I fly in missions mode, aircraft can crash, like it ends the game and the plane crashes.

But when I fly in free flight mode, in any aircraft, the plane won't crash and it "bounces" like a few feet from the ground, no matter what I do, no matter angle, it won't crash. When it touches the ground, the plane "bounces" a few feet from the ground too, even when landing gear is down. Please help me.

Always remember that take-off's are optional, LANDINGS are mandatory.

Why? Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law :D ;)

Your settings, as has been pointed out so clearly, are not right. Turn Crash Detection, Airplanes Cause Crashes, anything you can find.

Have fun, and don't bounce the landings. A bouncy landing is SO tennis looking... :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Here's the screen that members were referring to, the "to crash or not to crash" buttons are at top right.

Also note the sliders at top left, I always keep mine at halfway like this especially the "crash tolerance" one which means it'll overlook hard landings up to a point, but if you land TOO hard the dreaded "crash" message will come up-

airc-realism.gif

Thanks everyone I'll do it

I wish to be a pilot soon one day, it's my dream

I am 13 years old any advice?

You don't state what country you live in but many countries have youth organisations that are related to aviation that can offer flight experience and some may even have scholarships or schemes that allow you to learn to fly - maybe there is such an organisation in your country that offers this sort of activitiy.

In the UK, for example, we have an organisation called the Air Training Corps, better known as the Air Cadets. They offer 13 -17 year olds the chance to fly in fixed wing and gliders as well as a raft of other activities, such as adventurous training, shooting etc.

Regards

Brian

Archived