POSKY 777 cockpit to 777-9X

azframer

I spent hours trying to do it and finally figured out it would never happen. POSKY is a one model plane for FS2004. FSX is a 2 model operation, you have a model for interior and a exterior model (the Plane) for exterior. FSX will not let you fly 2 planes at onces so no way to use cockpit from POSKY aircraft not even as a fall back cockpit.

Frustrated I started researching making my own, GMAX out of the question, can not wrap my head around that. I can and have already started to construct a 3D model in TurboCAD and can save as 3DS format and imported into Blender. I am still trying to grasp Blender, but I have found I am much closer to learning Blender with the help of some videos I found.

Long way around to it but I will get it eventually.

I was going to post pictures of my progress but I don't see a upload tab.

Rick

So I was wanting to do the 777-9X but the MIP is different, I started in the same form as the 200/300 and realized it. I found some video that showed the MFD's are staggered and not even like the 787 even though they are the same size. So I started reworking it and then realized the auto pilot panel was also different.

Then it dawned on me I really don't have good solid info on 8X/9X version so I stashed what I got done on the X Panel and will pick up on it once I have a handle on it and will proceed with the 200/300 version for now. So you can see where I was what I did as far as the X version and then where I made it back to in 3D today on the 200/300 version

Rick.

theRPB24.JPGRPB23.JPGRPB22.JPG

I started this project back in the beginning of March. I found 2D drawings in Auto CAD format and converted them to my TurboCAD format and rescaled them from 1/500 scale to 1/1. I found and downloaded a workbook by 777 Project, I also downloaded all the guys photos he had in zip file. I spent a ton of time researching for this project hoping to turn this into a 8X/9X cockpit. I will eventually get to that after I have enough information on a real true layout of the newer cockpit.

Rick

RPB2.JPGRPB1.JPGRPB.JPG777_9X1.JPG777_300.JPG

What I had for numbers was what was in the Project 777 Workbook, anything else I had to guesstimate on. I moved from one end to the other getting a base down after completing the rudder boxes and getting most of the yokes completed. The yokes I had left the tops of the grips off for a while until I was satisfied with them.

Rick

RPB7.JPGRPB6.JPGRPB5.JPGRPB4.JPGRPB3.JPG.

Once I get out of the drawing phase of this project I will import this project into Blander where I will start on what I can not do in TurboCAD. Now that I can't finish the 8X/9X the rounded overhead panel has been moved to another layer to be used when I attempt to finish the 8X/9X version later. These picture to show it has already seen the inside of Blender. Blender is where I will start on getting animations in order and texture mapped out as well as all the gauges and such.

Rick

RPB18.JPGRPB17.JPGRPB15.JPGRPB14.JPG

I am at a stand still until I figure out how to do windows for the cockpit. Imported cockpit into Blender and formed the outside shell. Dang if I can figure out cutting them in. If anyone knows of a tutorial that explains it send a link my way.

Rick

RPB29.JPG

RPB30.JPG

Searched videos until up against my limits, daughter moved back home and all she does is watch videos. Throwing in the towel on it, stashing it on Google files until I figure out how to do the windows in Blender.

Internet speed so slow now these pages are not loading right on this site.

Rick

Thanks to some help I was pointed in the right direction on tutorials. These are for X-Plane and the guy is using a Mac, but the commands for Blender are on point.

Going to wait for my time at night when I can get them when it will not count against my limit, and download them all, this guy is good.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I had run into some issues,son went into the hospital with walking Pneumonia and a few days after that I had surgery on my nasal passages and I am still healing from that. While my son was in the hospital I talked about having hard time making the frame for windows on SkySpirit page on Facebook and Hiroshi gave me permission to use his from his model. So before my surgery I separated the Window Frame Glass and Wipers. Today I scaled them up positioned them in place. Had to stop at this point due to eyes burning and will step it back up as my eyes allow me to do more.

I need to fine tune my fuselage here and there, little cutting and such.

Rick

RPG32.JPGRPB31.JPG

As you have Hiroshi's external model, the interior can be modelled by flipping the polygons of the nose section & windows etc, then you need make the interior slightly smaller than the exterior so that you can model the window frames, you can do this by extruding inwards.

• 3 weeks later...

So I get where I am almost ready to start lofting things into 3D and noticed some thing with phone and had to move it forward. I was going by what was drawings in the PDF and went to pictures to get more of the details. I found that where the paper out feed is actually inset and will be making that adjustment tomorrow. along with a few other lines need to be moved forward, need to make inset parts where connectors hold each piece of the electronics in place. Very time consuming, cross checking trying to get things right before lofting.

Still working at it

Rick

RPG34.JPG

Archived