All WOAI a330-300 PWs Greyed out

TheRedBadger

It is I again.

This has to be one of the most irritating problems I've encountered. I've noticed that all of my WOAI a333 PWs are grayed out, so I began to test what the problem could be.

Unfortunately, there is no "remaining scenario" which is the reason they are grey; I first went through the aircraft.cfg to see if there were any spelling mistakes (unlikely since I never go into the WOAI aircraft folders except to copy the base packages), so that wasn't a problem. Then I tried re-installing the a333PW from another WOAI flight plan, but the aircraft was still grey.

Then I tried taking the textures and copying them into a fresh a333PW base, but it was still gray...

Then I downloaded new textures for certain aircraft and placed them in the WOAI aircraft folder, and into a fresh a330 base..

Still gray.

It's as if there's no solution to this problem.

I did actually fix the Northwest livery somehow, but I can't remember how exactly I did it. I think I already tried taking the textures out and pasting them into another a333PW base.

Carlos Si

Maybe you have the FSX WOAI package instead of the FS9 package, or the FS9 base with FSX textures or vice-versa? If not, I've a great title for the book: 50 Planes of Gray!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Grey just doesn't seem to be your color there, RedBadger. Good luck.

Eenope. Not this kind of gray :c .

Maybe you have the FSX WOAI package instead of the FS9 package, or the FS9 base with FSX textures or vice-versa? If not, I've a great title for the book: 50 Planes of Gray!

Nah, when I reinstalled one WOAI package with the a330, the package was one I ised before. Besides, if it was indeed an FSX texture, the sim would have crashed as I've previously experienced.

I have a few more ideas as to what I could do. Downloading a fresh new TFS a333PW rather than a recycled WOAI TFS A330 base. Unfortunately I'd have to do it for every livery.

Carlos Si

Assume you've run it through ACA2005?

Still the quickest way to fix AI.

Having said that, I recently had an inexplicable grey-texture failure on a WoA_AIA_B744F_GE model.

Nothing appeared wrong anywhere.

Eventually I swapped in textures from sister ship -BIG and suddenly all was well.

I still can't find what was wrong...

My best guess for you is check for duplicate entries.

Which A330 models do you have?

Post the first 5 or so Fltsim.x entries from the aircraft.cfg file here.

Also post a screenshot of the A330 aircraft folder.

I'm not sure how to spoiler.

[fltsim.0]

title=WoA_TFS_A330-300_PW_DAL-Delta Air Lines

sim=TFS_A333

model=PW

texture=DAL-Delta Air Lines

atc_airline=DELTA

ui_manufacturer=The Fruit Stand

ui_type=Airbus A330-300

ui_variation=Delta Air Lines

description=Painted by Boris Le Veve

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_codes=DAL

atc_parking_types=GATE

[fltsim.1]

title=WoA_TFS_A330-300_PW_USA-US Airways

model=PW

texture=USA-US Airways

sim=TFS_A333

atc_airline=CACTUS

atc_id=

atc_heavy=1

ui_type=Airbus A330-300

ui_variation=US Airways

description=Painted by Boris Le Veve

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=AWE

[fltsim.2]

title=WoA_TFS_A330-300_PW_KAL-Korean Air Lines

model=PW

texture=KAL-Korean Air Lines

sim=TFS_A333

atc_airline=KOREAN AIR

atc_id=

atc_heavy=1

ui_type=Airbus A330-300

ui_variation=Korean Air Lines

description=The Fruit Stand Airbus A330-300 (PW)

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=KAL

[fltsim.3]

title=WoA_TFS_A330-300_PW_MAS-Malaysia

model=PW

texture=MAS-Malaysia

sim=TFS_A333

atc_airline=MALAYSIAN

atc_id=

atc_heavy=1

ui_type=Airbus A330-300

ui_variation=Malaysia

description=Painted by Arnaud Solvay

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=MAS

[fltsim.4]

title=WoA_TFS_A330-300_PW_AAR-Asiana Airlines_OC

model=PW

texture=AAR-Asiana Airlines_OC

sim=TFS_A333

atc_airline=ASIANA

atc_id=

atc_heavy=1

ui_type=Airbus A330-300

ui_variation=Asiana Airlines

description=Painted by Holger Bachert

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=AAR

Here's a pic of the folder.

http://i.imgur.com/y2YDRhg.png

Assume you've run it through ACA2005?

Still the quickest way to fix AI.

Having said that, I recently had an inexplicable grey-texture failure on a WoA_AIA_B744F_GE model.

Nothing appeared wrong anywhere.

Eventually I swapped in textures from sister ship -BIG and suddenly all was well.

I still can't find what was wrong...

My best guess for you is check for duplicate entries.

Which A330 models do you have?

I'll try something else first, but thanks! I try not to get too advanced until I have no other choice (not that your suggestion is very advanced, lel).

I did switch textures as well, but that apparently didn't fix the problem.

EDIT: I downloaded the textures online and installed them onto a recycled TFS aircraft. Worked fine for all except for the US Airways textures. I'll try a fresh TFS base.

EDIT2: Still gray, even with new textures and a new base for the Cactus aircraft :/ . I made sure that the flight plans still call on the new aircraft by changing the title of the new a330 to the WOAI title so that I don't have to de-compile the flight plans and change the aircraft assignment.

Carlos Si

If the plane shows up in the sim, there should be no problem with the title= line.

Your US Airways entry looks OK, are you sure those textures are for that model?

Compare the file names in that folder with the file names in a known working folder.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If the plane shows up in the sim, there should be no problem with the title= line.

Your US Airways entry looks OK, are you sure those textures are for that model?

Compare the file names in that folder with the file names in a known working folder.

peace,

the Bean

I gave up on the woai traffic folder. I used a fresh base and textures and got the US Airways textures working this time. I deleted the // comment that followed the title lines since there was a lot of tab space in between the title name and the //. I figure that may have been a problem the first time. It wouldn't be practical to do this for every ai aircraft when I have a lot of a333pws, but apparently only a chunk of airlines (since I've updated the flight plans) no longer use the a333pw for some reason, Air Berlin and Vietnam airlines for example.

Carlos Si

I was just reading your thread, I have had a few aircraft recently where the author put 3 texture folders inside 1 texture folder, I took them out and made 3 texture folders and then the aircraft paint showed up.

Have you looked inside your texture folders, I may be off track but worth a look.

I just re-read your posts, I saw the pic of the folders they all look correct, another thing to try is this:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/tools.php

AI Aircraft Editor, it will also see flyable aircraft as well, it saves you keep going in to the sim to view plus it points out errors.

I have had a few aircraft recently where the author put 3 texture folders inside 1 texture folder...

If the aircraft.cfg entry is correctly formatted this procedure works fine.

The intent is to lessen the amount of texture folders in any individual airplane folder.

I have seen this many times on popular AI models, 737s for example.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I was just reading your thread, I have had a few aircraft recently where the author put 3 texture folders inside 1 texture folder, I took them out and made 3 texture folders and then the aircraft paint showed up.

Have you looked inside your texture folders, I may be off track but worth a look.

I just re-read your posts, I saw the pic of the folders they all look correct, another thing to try is this:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/tools.php

AI Aircraft Editor, it will also see flyable aircraft as well, it saves you keep going in to the sim to view plus it points out errors.

The thing is, these aircraft are WOAI aircraft and have been working just fine up until recently. I have a clue as to why I'm seeing this error though. Here's what I saw when I was using AIFP. Apparently I have a lot of aircraft installed many many times on here? I have a sinking feeling I ...

*researches mid-post*

Found the error; when I " recycle" base aircraft from WOAI (I remove all the textures and keep the model and air file), I forgot to delete the entries for the airlines at the very bottom, hence I received this error. The sim must've been confused as to which aircraft I wanted installed.

http://i.imgur.com/0cd4hfq.jpg

I think this should also resolve the mystery as to why some aircraft are perfectly fine, but show up gray.

If the aircraft.cfg entry is correctly formatted this procedure works fine.

The intent is to lessen the amount of texture folders in any individual airplane folder.

I have seen this many times on popular AI models, 737s for example.

peace,

the Bean

As stated before, I forgot to delete entries in ex-WOAI bases. Thanks tho! I'll confirm my findings in a bit. If I had posted the entire aircraft.cfg file, this would've been resolved earlier and many changes would not have been necessary :S .

Confirmed; aircraft in color!

Carlos Si

Ah I see what you have done, I don't use AIFP so not sure if the ones marked red can be deleted from there or you need to find them yourself, someone who knows the program will come on and tell you.

Whenever I delete batches of aircraft that I might want to use later I copy the lot and put them in a separate folder and name it, then put that folder either on a pen drive or keep it safe where you know where it/they are for later.

After you have done that then delete the the batch you just saved from the sim to keep it clean, if you ever need any of those aircraft again you can always copy them from where you saved them, that's what I do but others may use other methods.

Ah I see what you have done, I don't use AIFP so not sure if the ones marked red can be deleted from there or you need to find them yourself, someone who knows the program will come on and tell you.

Whenever I delete batches of aircraft that I might want to use later I copy the lot and put them in a separate folder and name it, then put that folder either on a pen drive or keep it safe where you know where it/they are for later.

After you have done that then delete the the batch you just saved from the sim to keep it clean, if you ever need any of those aircraft again you can always copy them from where you saved them, that's what I do but others may use other methods.

Ah, well in terms of AI, everything there stays forever. I haven't really discarded/removed aircraft I haven't used in ages (can't think of any).

I've managed to reduce that list down to a handful. The problem is that I can't identify where the aircraft are duplicates; I don't want to delete the textures and aircraft from the WOAI a/c folders, so I have to look elsewhere.

See post #6 and glad you eventually solved the problem.

Oh yes, thanks! I'll look more into this issue to see if there's more information that could help another.

Carlos Si

Archived