Really bothered by this ATC problem

mdan1984

Sorry if Im posting this in the wrong category however Im not sure what it should go under.

I took off from Vancouver BC and making a short flight to Kamloops. Im at 6000 feet and the ATC is asking me to expedite my descent to FL210? FL210????? Is that 21000 Feet? Why if im still in my climb and at 6000 is it asking me to expedite an Descent to FL210? It thinks Im higher than 21000? Please help.

Thank you so much

Mike

Do you keep your ATC window open all of the time or do you close it after each ATC contact? If you keep it open, then you may be mistaking an order given to another aircraft.

This is just a shot in the dark. Your ATC window will open automatically each time ATC contacts you.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It would be nice to let us know what aircraft you are flying and what your cruise altitude is set for. I still think you are hearing a descend order for another aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello guys thanks for the responses. Definately NOT an order for another craft because it calls my exact plane and I know they are calling me. I do also close my ATC windown after each transmission. Another time it was asking me to descend to 13000 feet and I was only at 6000. It just seems to be a few a thousand. I dont get it. Ill try to select the cruising altitude in my fly plan before flying. THanks for your responses.

But yes definately theyre talking to me and not another plane. Good idea though, cause you never know.

Mike

You are flying an F15 and mistakenly climbed to 60,000 feet?

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Archived