John Wayne airport scenery. KSNA

jeteye

This is my home airport. Anyone know of a good scenery package of this airport for FSX? Shehryar Ansari made on for fs9 with a patch for fsx however, the runways have changes to 20R/L and 2R/L from 19R/L and 1 R/L.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eran

Sorry, I can't help with a scenery suggestion. However I certainly remember Orange County Airport. It was close enough to MCAF that a first time GA flyer into Orange County was sometimes confused between the two.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

If you went further back than that the runway was 21 & 3. And they used it as a drag strip on Sundays!:cool:

There's a small, abandoned practice strip out near MCAS Yuma (oh how I HATE Yuma!) that a lot of the GA students use for T&G practice so they aren't interfering too much with the military traffic at MCAS. Called AUX-4. You did have to be careful, as the locals like to race down it. I did a bunch of T&Gs there in the Piper Tomahawk they used for instruction.

Anyhow, There was a pair of chopper crews in a couple Blackhawks from over in San Diego had been assigned to patrol the border, and after their turn was over, they started doing T&G's at AUX-4. Middle of the night. On one, the PAC glanced up and suddenly saw a car's headlights bounce onto the runway and head for them. FAST. Needless to say the crew chief, PNC, and their Dash 2 were all screaming to pull up. He grabbed all the collective he could and went straight up over the car.

They contacted the Border Patrol who caught the guy. He was obviously drugged out of his mind, and told them he was trying to catch a flight back to Mexico. Weird people in Yuma...

It was close enough to MCAF that a first time GA flyer into Orange County was sometimes confused between the two.

And the Phantoms from MCAS El Toro used to fly through your hangar :D :D

When I was stationed at El Toro for school, their PFT running track was through the bushes they let grow off the end of one runway, which were about 7' or so tall. No I can't recall which one. It was near the Mainside chow hall though...

Anyway, I loved that running track. Turned in my best runtime ever there. It wound around all over the place, no more then a few steps on any one stretch. And with the bushes, you had NO idea how far you had to go still. It was awesome. And with the California environment, I could really haul tail round that track. I loved the heck out of it. Too bad they got rid of their Phantoms right after I got sent to Yuma, or I would have fought tooth and nail to get back there permanently...

Sorry. I got sidetracked there...

You might try checking THIS SITE. It might have the one you are looking for. It has a bazillion for all over the world...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived