AI aircraft stopping while taxiing.

ColR1948

This happens a lot with me, let me explain. I make an AI flight using TTools, I go to the airfield to view the the aircraft, it gets clearance, (now most times it/they push back, but other times they just sit there) till I press Slew then they move.

Now they talk to tower to taxi to the runway, (again most times they move but other times they sit there) till I press slew and also I might need to move the joystick to make them move.

Once they are moving they seem to be OK, some might say it is the AFCAD but how come some move and some don't at the same airfield, this happens at various airfields too by the way not just one?

Also I will add the same AI aircraft will work/move at various airfields without getting stuck so it can't be the aircraft or the AFCAD so something else is making this happen, has anyone else had this?

If it happens at specific airport examine in AFCAD but better is ADE, use the fault finder, and see if there are open taxi links. If you nudge them with slew and then they move, that might be one symptom I would think.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Tom & Ronzie,

I use TrafficTools and Traffic View Board to watch and follow my AI, as I said in my first post sometime they start off no problem, push back and taxi then take off but other times they stick either before push back and or taxi then I have use the slew to make them move.

It can happen at various airports not just one so that makes me think the AFCADS are not the problem and also different AI aircraft so again it isn't a problem with a specific one.

I recently did a flight plan for some military aircraft to leave at 10 minute intervals and arrive at another airport, one of them never arrived it was stuck at origin.

I have also landed at airports so see an aircraft stuck on the taxiway causing a hold up, again this could be one of those situations, I know after 10 minutes they vanish so wondered why they never show at the destination?

Traffic View Board is just an invisible aircraft placed very close to that AI aircraft, so that could indeed be the reason - the plane thinks you are in the way. If this is a very large AI aircraft with a large radius value, this is even more likely.

Planes stuck on taxiways far from your plane are usually due to conflicting aircraft movements, or they are trying to cross an active runway. Sometimes this can lead to situations where one aircraft has to Poof - disappear before the other one can move.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi Tom, I took on board what you said, so now I zoom further back using Traffic View Board plus I stopped using Traffic Tools alongside it.

I viewed about 6 flights using just TVB and have not a stop since, so fingers crossed this may have cured it, thank you.

Archived