simprop.dll

Jonmal

Hi,

I seem to have a corrupt file simprop.dll as it shows as the culprit in event log.

I understand I should delete SP2 before doing a repair but when I go to uninstall all I see is one icon for MS FSX SP2. Is this OK to delete or will it delete FSX completely. There is no icon for just FSX.

Sorry if I'm being daft!

John

fsxcrash.txt

I seem to have a corrupt file simprop.dll as it shows as the culprit in event log.

I doubt that file is corrupt thought you are welcome to try a repair.

I understand I should delete SP2 before doing a repair but when I go to uninstall all I see is one icon for MS FSX SP2. Is this OK to delete or will it delete FSX completely. There is no icon for just FSX.

It will not remove FSX, only SP2.

After you remove SP2 you will see the icon for FSX. I think you will see the icon for SP1 actually, and after removing SP1 you will see the FSX icon.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

"I doubt that file is corrupt thought you are welcome to try a repair."

If it's not the culprit as you seem to hint, what else could be causing the problem?

John

Your FSX has a boo boo in it and the Repair function seems to be the only answer to fix it. Every thread that had a "fixed it" at the end was a Reapir.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Mr Z you would advise removing the SPs before doing the repair?

J

This info is from fxsttcb, forum moderator (when he's around).

The biggie with a Repair is any default file, including those default aircraft.cfgs with added liveries, that have been modified, tweaked, or otherwise changed, will be returned to default status.

You can make a copy of your existing FSX folder/subfolders before the repair and paste those individual files back in afterwards.

If you have SP1, SP2, or Acceleration installed, they must be uninstalled before a repair attempt, and reinstalled, after the repair, or it won't work.

Once you have your FSX up and running properly again, back it up, all of it.

You may need it again and it's a lot easier than a Repair or Re-Install...Don-fsxttcb

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I also doubt the file in question is the fault. Rather, it's a corrupt aircraft causing the DLL to crash. Probably the aircraft.cfg file or the *.air file.

Have you tried multiple aircraft?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived