AI Carrier With TACAN Frequencies

flynby

Only static carriers, ie: Part of the scenery, not an acutal AI carrier, have TACAN freqs. The moveing ones can't have a TACAN or NDB. It's a limitation of the game.

Having said that, there is a way to simulate a TACAN frequency on the moving cariers used in AICarriers.exe, and AICarriers.NET. You need to have the HUD by Jivko Rusev, as used in the F/A-18, aand provided for Dino's F-14, T-45, etc. The HUD it's self simulates the ship having a TACAN, and it's symbology acts accordingly, presuming you have it set up properly with the HUD Switch Panel (Included with the HUD). You put in the proper frequency for the desired, and selected in the AICarriers menu, carrier on your NAV1 radio. The HUD is available on this site, and easy to add to any plane. I have a C-172 withh it installed, just because I like it so much.

I don't recall the names associated with the frequencies exactly, but they start at 47X (111.00), which is the Nimitz_2 package, then 57X (112.00), which is where I loose track of which carrier is which, and so on. See a pattern? :D

By-the-bye, AICarriers.NET is a much better and less computer resource intensive program than AICarriers.exe. Exact same functionality.

I can provide links to all these goodies if you want.

Another note: If you're doing "really realistic" carrier work, especially in an F/A-18C, I very strongly suggest several other things. vLSO is a wnonderful little program by the same guy that wrote AICarriers.NET, altho I must admit that I personally think the LSO's are jerks, and too hard on the grading a pass. Or maybe I'm just not all that good yet...hmmmmm. If you are flying the F/A-18C get the latest from "Jimi" Hendricks and team over at the FSDT site. According to a number of real-life Hornet drivers who have "flown" it, it is the most realistic plane they've seen in the sim world. The FCS is as close to real-world programming as the sim will permit, and the FDE's are top-notch. No payware is better. The FCS was mostly programmed by Orion, the same man that wrote vLSO, AICarriers.NET, and so on. Jimi, Orion, and their development team were instrumental in creating the F-18 included in FSX Acceleration, and now it's been vastly improved on.

Ask me what time it is, and I tell ya how to build a watch... :D

I hope all my babbling helps you a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived