Problem with FSTramp and FSX-SE

Clarindo

I had been using FSTramp successfully with FSX and just recently upgraded to FSX-Steam and now I cannot get FSTramp to install.

Have located a few threads on the subject and suggested solutions (targeting FSX and not FSX-SE on startup; substitution of .dll file) but have not been able to overcome this problem.

Maybe I do not qualify for assistance as have not been able to locate an error log on the subject to post here (Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer\Double click Application Error, etc).

Starting FSX-SE with Windows 10 the statement comes up: "FSX detected a problem with a 3rd. party software (FSTramp)"

And if I try to go ahead and load it then FSX will crash. If I say not to load FSTramp then FSX-Stream loads and works fine!

Any alternative to be considered in trying to cirvumvent this problem, please?

Appreciate any help.

Clarindo

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU - RAM 8GB DDR3

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 series - 3 LDE Monitors - FSX STEAM

Thanks, Mr. Zippy.

Have tried verision 5.5 and also version 5.6 which is now available, but still FSX-SE will not allow FSTramp to be installed.

I am beginning to think that the problem may occur because I have the old FSX still installed, even though reassigned to a new name.

Will save essentials (airplanes, addons, etc.) and plan to uninstall the FSX program in the event this suspicion has any merit.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Clarindo

• 4 weeks later...

Clarindo,

I have the same problem with FSTramp. I installed Steam because I was going to install FSX-SE but canceled the purchase. I wanted to get some other stuff done in FSX first.

After that I now get the same error you have.

I have tried uninstalling FStramp and reinstalling the latest version - No Joy

I renamed my FSX.cfg and let a new one be created - No Joy

I uninstalled Steam - No Joy

I contacted the FStramp support via email but N0 Joy, they had no clue what it could be

I really like the program especially for flying VFR because it has capabilities like the old FSNav (no joy with FSX)

Let me know if you or anyone finds a fix

thanks

Ron

My specs are similar to yours

WINDOWS 10 pro X64

ASUS P8-Z77-V PRO MOTHERBOARD

Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.40Ghz

16 gb Ram

except I'm using on board intel HD 4000 graphics

A late thanks, warrenup, due to busy year-end agenda. Not very knowledgeable on computers I am afraid to fool around with registry items. Eventually will have a technician take a look at it. Appreciate your assistance very much.

Whenever (and if) a solution comes about I will post the thread here for the benefit of rwilson881. Reciprocally I will be on the lookout for any further development.

Happy New Year.

Clarindo

I do not have a solution, but it may reassure you in knowing that I have FSTramp running perfectly on a Win 10, FSX-SE set up. My FSX-SE is stand alone installation, so there are no problems with installer issues. I have P3D and X-Plane 10 on the same system, and the database builders work seamlessly.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Registry location was ok.

I did a full registry clean - no joy

I've tried old FSX.cfg files still no joy

After doing more research, I found on another forum that this is a old problem (2013) that the fix was not found then and FSTramp support did nothing, like now.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/412700-fsx-detected-a-problem-with-a-third-party-software-fstramp/

I also tried updating my xml file as advised but no joy

So, I'm going to try FSMap, FsCommander and look for other utilities for my VFR flights

Hope you have luck with getting your FSTramp to work

Ron

I have many friends using FSTramp with FSX-SE successfully, and they have repeatedly tried to duplicate this in my computer without success.

Have now for sometime moved to FSCommander which ranks high in my appreciation not only as flight planner but also as moving map and flight director.

Thanks for the information which you have provided - wish you luck.

Clarindo

These problems usually involve the registry somewhere along the line, especially if you have uninstalled and reinstalled. I would uninstall FSTramp, then manually delete the dll.xml entry. Next ? I would perform a registry repair, re-boot, then run another registry repair. Don't forget to make backups. Next step, is optional. If you are savvy with basic manual registry tweaks, run regedit.exe from the cmd line and "find" FSTramp.

If an entry is found, delete it, hit F3 to find the next entry, delete, and repeat until no more are found. Run your registry repair one final time, reboot then install the latest version of FSTramp from the website.

If the program runs correctly, and it should, purchase your activation serial before the trial runs out.

It is a great program, I use it for every flight. Don't bag the developer for problems that he can do nothing about. Every FS PC is, by nature of addons etc., different.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Archived