Windows 10 and FS

skyview

I find myself thinking about a new operating system and office suite. What are some of your experiences, if any with Win 10 and FSX and FS9? I have waited but the need is becoming more critical with each month. I believe FSX Steam works fine but only with aircraft specifically made by Steam. Any responders welcome!

skyview

Ive been using win10 since release.

Its a pain in the rectum for FSX. Every time there is an update is affects FSX. A few weeks ago I had a windows update that made the game run smooth as silk and have all my textures uber crisp 24/7.

Then a week later there was a "new build" of win10, and its been crap ever since. I had it looking "good" last weekend , then patch tuesday happened and the scenery textures are all crap again.

Plus there is a REALLY annoying bug in win10 that causes random double clicks and failed press & holds on the mouse buttons. It keeps coming back even after multiple patches. All because the OS is trying to be a tablet/phone/pc at the same time.

In short; If you have FSX working on say Win7, then dont change. At least not for the time being.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have Win 10 installed since July 31st, have received every MS update since then and my FSX has not changed one bit, nor have I need to tweak a single thing. It still looks and flys like it did on day one: better and clearer than under Win 7. Go for the new operating system.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I find myself thinking about a new operating system and office suite. What are some of your experiences, if any with Win 10 and FSX and FS9? I have waited but the need is becoming more critical with each month. I believe FSX Steam works fine but only with aircraft specifically made by Steam. Any responders welcome!

skyview

I am enjoying my Windows 10 experience with FSX:Steam

I am running third party aircraft that did not come from Steam, so I am not sure where that comes from.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 last week. Everything in FSX works great. Only problem is that my Logitech Extreme Pro 3D causes my screen saver to not start A pain to have to unplug joy stick when done using FSX. I haven't found a solution yet.

I upgraded from Win7 Home to Win10 2 weeks ago and my FSX w/Acceleration is working perfectly. Just remember to update your graphics driver to Win10. You may also be required to update a few of your motherboard drivers. Otherwise no issues with FSX and Win10. Win10 is also an improvement to Win7 IMO. It's a no brainer.

Does anyone know why the FSX is crashing a lot when you're flying shutting down down the application ? Now it is so annoying !!

AlejoiPhone using Tapatalk

Are you seriously thinking anybody can guess what your issue is when have not provided a single detail other than FSX is crashing? Have you searched the forums at all to find some answers? There are a lot of posts about this topic, including a sticky right at the top of this very forum.

In future posts I suggest putting some more information. What information you should include will be listed in many of the other posts that are out there and you should be reading. We don't want to spend time retyping what is already there for you.

Hi AllejoGuzman12,

Welcome to the forum.:)

Try to post in detail what happens in fsx when it crashes, and just before.

And is there an error message when it crashes? What exactly?

---------------

There may be a module 'faulting'. (crashing)

Find the error log.

In the error log you will find a 'faulting module' mentioned.

The name of the faulting module is what we need to help.

:How to find the error log::

in Windows, click start -- control panel.

click: "system and security"

click: "administrative tools"

click "event viewer"

click "custom views"

click "administrative events"

Then look for events marked with a red exclamation mark. Find one about fsx.

Here's an example of what it can look like.

As example only:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x04f40000

Faulting process id: 0xb84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd

Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Again, this is only an example!!

copy the info you find in your error report.

(click-hold the left mouse button and drag down over the text. Then press >CONTRcCONTRV

Then send that as a reply to this thread.

il88pp

PS:

Also, post some info on your computer. Processor, Videocard, model of the computer, etc.

And, are ou using Win10?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you need to do is to search this forum for the string "uiautomationcore.dll".

You'll find MANY posts, and you'll also find links to two earlier versions of this file - I forget the version numbers, but those numbers are in the posts you'll find.

Get one of these earlier versions, and drop it in your main FSX folder - and nowhere else.

That should take care of your issue.

Jorgen

Just in case it's hard to find...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The solution for when you see the uiautomationcore.dll as faulting module in the error log.

You will need to install the uiautomationcore.dll file.

How to install the uiautomationcore.dll file:

First a word of warning.

As part of Windows there are already uiautomationcore.dll files. These should NOT be changed!

They are important for Windows and Other Programs.

Do not change them, or your programs may stop working correctly.

----

(the files you should not touch are located in the "Sytem32" folder, and the "SYSWOW64" folder.)

(------STAY OUT OF THOSE FOLDERS.---------)

(Those files are critical to Windows functioning.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for what you should do:

The uiatomationcore file of Win7/Win8 does not work correctly with FSX. FSX was made to work on XP or vista.

So, if you are running Windows7, or Windows8, (or 10), for FSX you need to install it's own uiautomationcore.dll file.

That is the old Vista or XP file.

The way to install it, is to put it in the FSX folder itself.

That way, FSX uses the file, and it affects no other programs.

In a default install you would place it in folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

(that is the same folder in which the file FSX.exe is.)

There are two versions of the uiautomationcore file. Some people need one, some the other.

Install one. Still errors? Then try the other.

uiautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip

uiautomationcore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/U/UIAutomationCore.dll/6.0.5840.16386/download.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

I can't even install FSX on Windows 10 so luckily I have a SDD with win7 pro on it and I run it on that can not give FSX a miss because have spent too much money for Controllers and Panels up to date.

Just have to wait for a patch from Microsoft and maybe a 64 bit version.

Jack Wildi

I can't even install FSX on Windows 10 so luckily I have a SDD with win7 pro on it and I run it on that can not give FSX a miss because have spent too much money for Controllers and Panels up to date.

Jack Wildi

1. FSX installs and runs just fine under Win 10.

2. There are no patches coming for FSX. FSX support ended years ago.

3. There is no 64 bit version of anything coming from MS.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I have Win 10 installed since July 31st, have received every MS update since then and my FSX has not changed one bit, nor have I need to tweak a single thing. It still looks and flys like it did on day one: better and clearer than under Win 7. Go for the new operating system.

+1

Jack Wildi

You want to resurrect a two year old post without clarifying what your exact problem is will get you nowhere. You need to give more info. There is no problems with windows 10.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Jack,

There are tons of posts dealing with specific problems with installing FSX, applying to all versions of Windows. Search for your specific problem, and you'll most likely see an answer.

There is what you could call a 64-bit version of FSX out, it's called P3D by Lockheed-Martin. Latest version is v. 4.2.

Jorgen

Archived