FSX and Win 8.1 issues

amberdog1

FSX crashes when ever I look at a clock on the panel or check time on the time and weather tab. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61355.0

Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a

Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.8428

Fault Module Timestamp: 520b1060

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001569e

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Thanks again.

Some people have no problems with Win 8.1. But my copy of Win 8.1 crashes FSX continually.

After months of struggling, I did two things:

- Bought Prepar 3D/v2 (It works well).

- Placed Windows 7 on a flash drive. I can now use a dual bootup.

Regards, Keith

Hello

You've probably checked this sort of thing out but I found this............

What is msvcr80.dll?

Msvcr80.dll is Microsoft C Runtime Library and is required to run programs written using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

The file is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows. It is commonly found in 626,688 or 635,904 bytes sizes.

Common Msvcr80.dll Error Messages

Shared below are examples of common error messages related to the msvcr80.dll file that you may come across:

“Msvcr80.dll Not Found.”

“This application has failed to load because msvcr80.dll file was not found. Reinstalling the application may correct the error.”

“Cannot start [Application’s name]. A necessary component is missing: msvcr80.dll. Please install [Application’s name] again.”

Cause of the Errors

Msvcr80.dll error messages generally pop up when you try to run or install an application or a program. You may also come across this error when you start or shut down your system.

A missing or corrupt msvcr80.dll file is generally the reason behind these error messages.

Resolution Methods

You may use the following methods to repair msvcr80.dll error messages:

Download the missing msvcr80.dll file from the Internet

If you are receiving the error because the msvcr80.dllfile is missing from your system, then you can download the msvcr80.dll file from one of the various DLL download websites. However, before you proceed with procuring the file from the Internet, it is prudent to check the contents of your Recycle Bin in case you have mistakenly deleted the file, then you can restore it from the Recycle Bin.

Alternately, you can also copy the file from another computer with a similar configuration as yours. It is important that you copy the file to its original location. Failure to do so may generate various other errors on your PC. You may need to register the msvcr80.dll file in the registry.* To do this, you will have to use the regsvr32 command.

Reinstall the program that is generating the msvcr80.dll error

If the mscvr80.dll errors appear only when you run a particular application, it is quite possible that there is some problem with this application’s installation files. You can easily rectify the error by reinstalling the concerned application.

Likewise, if you encounter the error only after you uninstall a particular application or program, it is likely that the DLL file got deleted during the uninstallation process. To fix the error, promptly reinstall the application. This will restore the missing msvcr80.dll file on your system.

Update the driver of hardware devices related to msvcr80.dll

Driver problems may also cause DLL errors. To ensure that this is not the case, update the drivers of hardware devices that use the msvcr80.dll file. You can update the drivers yourself or use a driver scanner tool, such as Driver Finder, for this purpose.

Perform a malware scan of your entire system

You may receive DLL errors if your PC is infiltrated by malware programs, such as virus, Trojan, adware, spyware and so on. To get rid of these issues, you need to scan and clean your PC using the most up-to-date and latest virus and spyware removal tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease.

Ensure your system registry is clean and compact

Registry problems also cause DLL errors. For instance, you may receive the msvcr80.dll error on your system because of invalid or corrupt entries related to this file in the registry. To avoid a situation like this, it is important that you regularly scan your system registry using a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe, to remove corrupt and invalid entries from it.

Cheers Andy

Hi Amberdog,

Something worth trying is to run the System File Check (SFC) utility. SFC is built into Windows and can be used to scan the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

WARNING If you have modified your system files (including Windows DLL files) running sfc may, if errors are found, revert the some of the system files back to the default state and thus may impact on any other apps/programmes you have installed. In my experience most of the time the affected programme takes longer to open as it has to re-write information to the appropriate .dll file. In some cases it resulted in having to re-install the affected software. I strongly recommend you backup any important data before hand and run the verify only option first to see what problems, if any, you have.

To run SFC go to start, type CMD and then right click and run as Administrator.

The resulting window should show an entry similiar to this - C:\Users\youracctname>

Type cd\ and hit enter - this will take you back to the C:\ prompt

To start SFC type one of the command lines listed below and hit enter

If you just want to verify only type sfc /verifyonly (note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option no changes will be made if errors are found and when it has finished it will display a list of errors found.

If you want to find and repair errors type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option the programm will automatically attempt to repair any errors found.At the end of the process one of the following messages will be displayed:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations (a good thing)

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them (a good thing)

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them (not a good thing)

Note: The process can take a long while to run and may seem to have stalled - it hasn't just wait until you get the message stated above. If is also worth noteing that you may have to run the utiltiy several times to fix all the problems. If the first run found problems and states that it was unable to fix some of them, rerun the SFC again.

Regards

Brian

FSX crashes when ever I look at a clock on the panel or check time on the time and weather tab. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61355.0

Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a

Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.8428

Fault Module Timestamp: 520b1060

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001569e

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Thanks again.

Downloading, unzipping and installing this C++ 2005 redistributable Service Pack will probably solve your error issue highlighted in red above.

Paxx thanks for the link, I tried that but it still crashed if I pause flight or check time using the tab for time & weather. I have already d/l the mscvr80.dll and that hasn't helped either. my next try tonight is going to be Brian's check/fix. Thanks for all of your help.:cool:

........... using the tab for time & weather. ...........

Whilst its a good idea to run the SFC routine every now and then before doing it try this first. Place a copy of a Win XP compliant UIAutomationCore.dll in the root directory of FSX (eg C:\FSX) and nowhere else.

Win 8.1 has its own version of the this file located in a number of folders but they are not compatible with FSX which was developed in the XP era. DO NOT COPY any of them into the FSX folder and DO NOT REMOVE any from their current location - simply download the one from the link provide and place it into the FSX root folder. FSX will happily find and use this version of the file

You can download a copy from http://fsxeu.com/uiautomationcore-dll/

Regards

Brian

Archived