FSX issue or joystick issue?

Brettxw

This has just started to happen last week on my last flight (did not touch it all week until 10 minutes ago) and its still doing it. I currently have the Saitek set up, throttle and stick... The issue is when I pull back on the stick nothing happens until I keep pulling back all the way..Then you'll see the stick in the aircraft actually move back. Now when I move the stick back to its resting position, the stick in the virtual cockpit slowly moves back to its resting position. If I push forward on my stick, the stick in the VC moves slowly forward but will go back to its resting position like normal. So it is just related to elevator use, not aileron. I've checked my settings for the joystick and those have not been touched since day 1. I've calibrated my stick and it will show those issues when performing the calibration test..Which makes me lean that its a joystick issue, not FSX....

Has anyone had this issue before? Suggestions? I'm going to just end up buying a new one if I cant resolve this.

THanks in advance.

If the issue shows up outside of the game in the calibration page, its a stick problem. From the sounds of it the actuator for that axis is knackered. New stick time imo.

Check out the Logitech 3d pro, its a nice stick and pretty cheap. Or the Thrustmaster HOTAS X, thats a nice one and comes with a seperate throttle body that can be linked to the stick base.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

I too have to ask the question, FSX Issue or Joystick Issue? I recently reinstalled FSX after having fatal error problems. I've been slowly adding on a few of my add-on aircraft. Now all of a sudden, I'm having throttle issues. No matter what aircraft I choose (default or add-on), after free flight starts up, the aircraft starts to take-off down the runway on its own ( I have not touched the throttle). Even though the parking break is still set, the aircraft still continues down the runway and the only way to stop the aircraft is to cut the engines. I've also noticed that the prop speed doesn't change if I increase the throttle on the joystick.

What's the most logical place to start trying to resolve this issue. In case it helps, Windows 7 Home Deluxe, 64 bit, and I'm using a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. Thanks for any help with this. I feel like I just got FSX back after the reinstall and now it's been 'taken away' from me again!

Jim

Make sure your joystick is calibrated. I also use the Attack3. Are you creating a new flight or starting from a saved flight? Have you considered making a new default flight starting off in a cold and dark scenario?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the helpful replies. I disconnected my joystick and the problem went away. Just to see if it made any difference, I plugged the joystick back in and recalibrated it again. The problem was still there, but somewhat different. This time, I could get the stick to throttle up aircraft but it won't throttle down. It looks like the throttle switch is worn out. So, I got a new joystick today. I went with the Logitech Extreme 3 Pro since I'd had no problems until now with my Logitech Attack 3.

Thanks again.

Jim

Archived