"Scenery Floodlight"... Does such a thing exist? If so, how does one obtain one?

old_wombat

OK, the title says almost all. Wot I am after is a working floodlight, pointing down, either straight down, or at angle. Ideally, I could place it anywhere on some scenery, and at night, everything within its cone of illumination would be brightly lit up. Like it does in ... you know, real life. I would even settle for one that only worked by creating a bright circle on the ground plane texture.

Doing without it is very tedious. You need to get your daytime texture, make a copy, then darken it to make your night time texture. Then you have to visualize and map out the conic section where your floodlight is going to illuminate, and paste onto that correctly cut out pieces of your daytime texture, and in correct registration. Doable but very tedious.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

OK, thanx to everyone who answered. Have got this ramplit3 and am going to give it a go.

In the somewhat unlikely chance that anyone cares what this is for.

I am modelling the Chinese building of artificial islands in the Spratlys, for the F14/TARPS off the carrier to do overflights. As this work is going on 24 hours a day, it needs floodlighting. Hence the lights.

There will be several versions of the islands, differinging in time, based on ongoing updated images from Google Earth and other sources. Then as per a recent previous post, I can select one at random to be the configuration du jour.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Archived