Project Open Sky? Freeware Planes?

DesteriaGaming

Hi everyone. First time poster. So, on to buisness. I found a few good freeware planes (namely POsky and ProjectAirbus). I'm having no issues with ProjectAirbus, everything works fine. But, with POsky, the instrument panels/gauges don't work, and it lags in general. I've looked into that, and it seems that the general consensus is that the 'FSX' POsky planes are actually FS9. Any help on that? I heard that some members of this forum have compiles the POsky planes into a working condition for FSX, where can I find those? Also, any other freeware planes? I'm looking for a Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, 777, and 787, depending on whether I can get the POsky versions. I'm also looking for whatever Embrauer planes I can find. As you can tell, I like the jets...

-DesteriaGaming

Hi everyone. First time poster. So, on to buisness. I found a few good freeware planes (namely POsky and ProjectAirbus). I'm having no issues with ProjectAirbus, everything works fine. But, with POsky, the instrument panels/gauges don't work, and it lags in general. I've looked into that, and it seems that the general consensus is that the 'FSX' POsky planes are actually FS9. Any help on that? I heard that some members of this forum have compiles the POsky planes into a working condition for FSX, where can I find those? Also, any other freeware planes? I'm looking for a Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, 777, and 787, depending on whether I can get the POsky versions. I'm also looking for whatever Embrauer planes I can find. As you can tell, I like the jets...

-DesteriaGaming

Hello

Iam sure there are Posky aircraft that will work with X.

Check the file library here at Fscom.

Very nice freeware embraer 170 by Dreamwings (best of the freeware bunch IMO)

Some decent panels also available...But! Not sure it will run in X.

I reiterate check the file library here.

More freeware aircraft than you can shake a stick at.

Cheers

Socks

Typing in Project Opensky into the Library search came up with 281 files for both FS2004 and FSX so there are a lot of things to choose from. POSKY aircraft are Port-Overs from FS2004 and there isn't much you can do about that. I fly 3 different POSKY 737-800s and have no panel problems in 2D or VC.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Welcome to the mad house!

Search for the following here in the library:

Boeing 727 - Thomas Ruth 727 - tom7271.zip (copy into "file name" search) both 727-100 & 727-200 models are included.

Boeing 737 - Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS), the models are much newer than the Posky 737's, all models of the 737 are available from the B737-600NG to the B737-900NG & also the latest MAX 737's, search for Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS) 737.

Boeing 757 - Project Open Sky B757-200 & B757-300, although the models are native FS9 they work in FSX, I have uploaded a few complete aircraft & the B757-200 has a VC, search for Paul Craig Project Open Sky 757 & there are plenty of repaints also available.

Boeing 767 - SkySpirit have modelled the B767 series, do a search for SkySpirit2010 767 v5.

Boeing 777 - Posky have modelled the B777 series of aircraft & SkySpirit have created an updated version the SkySpirit2012 777 series, the Posky FS9 versions have a VC included & will work in FSX, I have also uploaded some complete aircraft with VC for FSX, search Paul Craig Project Open Sky 777.

Boeing 787 - Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS) have modelled the 787-8, 787-9 & 787-10 versions, do a search for Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS) 787.

There are also the Airbus A330 & A340 series of aircraft by Thomas Ruth for FSX, do a search for Thomas Ruth A330 & Thomas Ruth A340 respectively.

I hope this helps.

Archived