Transponder.1 = 0
Marker.1      = 0

Change...

Audio.1 = 0

...to...

Audio.1 = 1

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Stringbean,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you suggested and it still does not work.

Now I went back and have the settings from the Default C172--what I had before:

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Adf.1 = 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

The ones above don't work either.

Let me say that the aircraft I am using is this:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Early Aircraft

FS2004

[ Download | View ]

Name: new_4at-e.zip

Size: 29,941,583 Date: 08-07-2012 Downloads: 1,018

FS2004 "Better Idea" Ford Trimotor. This is a redo, "Better Idea", of the default Ford Trimotor. The new modifications include a very crude but effective alt and hdg hold controlled from each of the three new 2D panels. Flight dynamics adjusted to match original manufacturer instruction manual. Electrical and fuel systems have been redone to meet the standards of manufacture. One of the included panels is radio range ready. All three panels have period instruments like drift meter, bubble sextant, even a dual ADF installed. The sound file has been improved. The kneeboard displays the charts and maps needed to navigate the US and Canadian Civil Airways. That will require the RR40.ZIP scenery installed and activated. Populates the aircraft list as a Ford just like the default plane and uses the default textures. It will not overwrite your default model. Special repaint instructions included. By Austin Davis, with a lot of help from friends.

It is not the Def Trimotor--my nav button works in that.

I have added the autopilot window to the [pane] folder only--one of the 3 panel folders given.

This is the window I added:

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Window09]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=399,299

window_size_ratio=1.000

position=0

visible=0

ident=COLLECTIVE_PANEL

window_size= 0.500, 0.500

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=737-400!Autopilot, 2,9,394,74

//--------------------------------------------

The aircraft has a different AIR FILE from the Def Trimotor,

Thanks again,

Nick

You will need to add the NAV/GPS switch from the C172 as well.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I just downloaded new_4at-e.zip and the Ford_Trimotor_A.air file is missing a whole load of sections, including:

317 Autopilot Settings

333 OBS Availability

335 Avionics Availability

These can be added, if you know how to use AirEd by William Roth.

If not, you could install the panels from this model to the default Trimotor instead.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I tried Air Ed but could not find the 3 numbered entries you mentioned.

And that's the trouble.

You may need to go to another plane's .air file, and open it with AirEd, so you have both .air files open at once.

Call the second file, the one WITH those numbered entries you want, the "source" file, and the one you want to add them to the "target" file.

In the source file, find the first entry you are looking for, let's say R317 Autopilot Settings, and Rclick on it. From the menu that appears, select "Copy to Clipboard". Go to the target file, and Lclick on any record, then Rclick, and select "Add From Clipboard" from the menu. The record from the source file will be placed in the correct position in the target file automatically.

In this case, you will need to repeat this process once for each record you want to add.

You can also do this for an individual Line under a main heading. Like say under R1101 Primary Aerodynamics you will see a line labeled Positive G Limits * 936=XXX (some number, or even 0). You can copy just that line to a target file using the procedure outlined above.

Hope all this helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived