FSX crashing and restarting even with uiautomationcore.dll fix

viperi22

Hi!

If anyone could help me out with FSX crashing and restarting.

I have windows 7 64 and FSX acceleration, I've tried to fix crashes with replacing several uiautamationcore.dll, but that didn't work.

Usually the crashes appear when I'm switching simulation speed from menus.

I looked in the event list and sometimes it says it's an unknown module:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Faulting process id: 0x17d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f2110609ef99

Faulting application path: E:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: cec94f4c-5e0a-11e5-88c6-001d7d060461

And on another crash it says it's uiautomationcore.dll like here:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.5840.16386, time stamp: 0x45398e5f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001dd8a

Faulting process id: 0x18c0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f17760755968

Faulting application path: E:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Games\FSX\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 0761ba9d-5d74-11e5-88c6-001d7d060461

..........Usually the crashes appear when I'm switching simulation speed from menus.

If the uiautomationcore.dll route doesn't fix the problem try using the default key assignment to change sim rate. The default assignment is R and the = and - keys - i.e press and release R and then press = to increase or - to decrease the rate. Each press of the = or - key raises/decreases the rate value by 1 (e.g first press of = rate goes to 2X, next press goes to 4X). You only need to press R once in the current view mode and can hit = or - as often as you like. However, if you change the view mode OR you press another key then you have to repress R before pressing = or - again

Regards

Brian

• 2 months later...
Tried one flight using key commands for sim rate and fsx didn't crash so far. I've also placed 32 bit UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 will see if fsx will crash using menu with that version or I just can't use them very often. :)

Did version 6.0.6001.18000 end up being the long term fix? I have the same problem on Win7, 64bit using the Steam version of FSX. I've tried a few different versions of UIautomationcore.dll and still get the crash when clicking the menus. I flew for an hour yesterday not touching the menus and everything was good. Once I got on the ground I clicked around in the menus and got the usual program crash.

Did version 6.0.6001.18000 end up being the long term fix? I have the same problem on Win7, 64bit using the Steam version of FSX. I've tried a few different versions of UIautomationcore.dll and still get the crash when clicking the menus. I flew for an hour yesterday not touching the menus and everything was good. Once I got on the ground I clicked around in the menus and got the usual program crash.

With Steam edition you do not need to do anything with UIautomationcore.dll. The Steam edition fixed that issue. You may have now created a problem if you have switched versions. ??

With Steam edition you do not need to do anything with UIautomationcore.dll. The Steam edition fixed that issue. You may have now created a problem if you have switched versions. ??

After trying a few different .DLLs before, I thought I had maybe made things worse. So I deleted the UIautomationcore.dll from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" then went into Steam and did the "Verify integrity of game cache" to replace it. It did find that it was missing and replaced it. Still same problem. I'm trying some other things and if they don't work, I'll post up my own thread with system information and the event viewer crash report.

Archived