TDS Boeing 737/800s beacon/strobe lack off.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

Have downloaded a number of these aircraft.

External model nice enough.

Problem....No beacon ,no strobes .

I have heard that they are there ,but rather dim.

Set aircraft at night, switched on all lights ,but no beacon(or none that I could see anyway) ,some very small flickering lights at wing tips (maybe strobes?)

I don't know if this aircraft has tail strobe in reality but none visible on TDS model.

Any simple fix for this or is there a base package that needs installing first with relevant effects.

if none of these then these models are for the chop.

cheers Andy

Hello All

Have downloaded a number of these aircraft.

External model nice enough.

Problem....No beacon ,no strobes .

I have heard that they are there ,but rather dim.

Set aircraft at night, switched on all lights ,but no beacon(or none that I could see anyway) ,some very small flickering lights at wing tips (maybe strobes?)

I don't know if this aircraft has tail strobe in reality but none visible on TDS model.

Any simple fix for this or is there a base package that needs installing first with relevant effects.

if none of these then these models are for the chop.

cheers Andy

Hey Socks! I've downloaded a bunch of these aircraft and believe it or not, the beacon and wing lights do actually flash, but the trick is to have your eyeball about 2 inches from the light you are observing.

This is sort of like the old joke...."What happens if you connect your car's battery terminals incorrectly?" The horn sucks, the radio listens, and the lights cast shadows.

If the offending lights are mentioned in the [Lights] section of the aircraft.cfg, you can always substitute another light effects file in it's place. If no lights are mentioned there, then they are part of the model.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Zip

Looking at the aircraft cfg lights section does show that the strobes ,beacon etc are part of the model.

Before your explanation I didn't realise that was the case ,and tried substituting a lights section from a similar Posky (I believe TDS and posky have a heritage) aircraft.This did not work ie I got a tail strobe ,however it was floating in space behind the tail.

I f as you say the lights (beacon/strobes)are present but barely visible I will spare these aircraft the chop.

Anyways as usual. Zip you have chipped in with helpful info

Cheers Andy

Hello Zip

update.....

I downloaded the base package for the 737/800

when I load an aircraft from the base package, the strobes and beacon ARE there , although dim as you say. That is using the default rather old orig fs9 737 panel that this aircraft comes with.

the problem comes when I try to use my favourite Paul Scarratt panel .

I have tried fiddling and altering text from the orig TDS panel into the PSp panel .

(similar to the 747 posky panel that you also have to edit to get there utility panel to work)

But in this case there is no joy.

Surely TDS don't expect us to use there old orig FS9 737 panel?

If not then there are no clear instructions as to how to alter your panels cfg of choice to get there utility panel to work ,so you can then switch on and therefore see the blasted beacon and strobes .

I assume it can be done ,Don't know if you have an idea Zip or anybody as to how to archive this .

Anyways the TDS is again hanging on the edge of being deleted if I cannot get the much superior PSPanel to work with this aircraft.

Confused? I most certainly am.

cheers Socks

Zip

you may be missing out.

I think iam right in saying that the Paul Scarratt 737 ng panel is recognised as by far the best freeware offering for ng series(was originally paware but Paul decided for whatever reason to release it as freeware)

Although I can't get it to display the strobes or beacon( L doesn't work by the way) I bet it is possible. I hope somebody with more knowledge than myself can figure it out.

Cheers Andy

Hello Zip

Have solved the problem.

its not pretty and incredibly tedious.

I posted a longer post on how I achieved this ,but somehow deleted it before I posted it.(Hate that aggh!)

suffice to say its a similar process to installing Posky utility of some years ago for there 747s

I will test this out ,but am leaning on deleting the TDS aircraft.

there are still plenty of the original Posky aircraft to choose from and these are trouble free and just work ,like Project Airbus aircraft.

cheers Andy

cheers Andy

Hello Zip

Have solved the problem.

its not pretty and incredibly tedious.

I posted a longer post on how I achieved this ,but somehow deleted it before I posted it.(Hate that aggh!)

suffice to say its a similar process to installing Posky utility of some years ago for there 747s

I will test this out ,but am leaning on deleting the TDS aircraft.

there are still plenty of the original Posky aircraft to choose from and these are trouble free and just work ,like Project Airbus aircraft.

cheers Andy

cheers Andy

Good work, Socks! And now, probably all for naught. I gave up long ago on all of the TDS aircraft and stick to POSKY when I can.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Zip,

I think this is the Panel in question...

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels FS2004 Panel--Boeing 737 NG

[ Download | View ]

Name: setup2.zip

Size: 4,297,438 Date: 07-27-2007 Downloads: 13,848

setup2.gif

FS2004 Panel--Boeing 737 NG. Built completely from scratch and featuring authentic EHSI and much more. By Paul Scarratt.

Andy... I think the Issue with adding Wing Lights is that, with the Wing Flex, it's hard to use Lighting Effects because they won't move when the wings flex (I think).

Alan :eek:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived