Memory errors in New York Airports and New York City

shlomiA

Hi,

I am owning the New York Airports x and New York City x from Drzewiecki Design.

When I try to take off from the airports or landing in the airport I get a memory error "Your computer has ran out of memory"

I use ftx global, Rex 4 and that's it.

I have 8gb of ram in my computer and my video card is GTX 970.

How to fix it?

What plane were you flying? Have you tried turning your graphics settings down?

NY is a RAM hog with no addons and high graphic settings. Throw in those huge Drzewiecki airports and things get worse. I try to avoid NYC but when I do fly there or near there things slow way down. I only have 2 freeware addon airports in NYC and still it can turn into a slide show and I have a fast computer.

It usually comes down to having to turn your graphics settings down. FSX can only utilize 4Gb RAM. Good luck.

It does sound as if your settings are too high. Usually, scenery alone will not use up all the RAM FSX is allowed to allocate for itself. It usually also takes the liberal application of high density aircraft and AI set to high levels, clouds with add-on weather, etc.

With no malware, default NY scenery, default aircraft, AI set to below 50% you should be able to make it through. The less AI you use the better. I use 40% aircraft in heavy scenery and ships/ground set to 10%. Reducing autogen will make a big difference in frame rates and memory usage. Down near the ground is where the graphics load is greatest. It's here where should should setting up your system for max load.

What is the OS?

I'm assuming you perform the standard gamer clean best practices before starting FS

Did your memory problem start before or after:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?289966-Problem-With-the-lights-in-New-york-Airport-X

Often, it's graphics memory which is being reported as low in FSX. There is now difference in the report whether it's graphics or system memory. With a 4G card though, you should be OK.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-faces-false-advertising-lawsuit-over-gtx-970-specs/

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

One thing you didn't mention is the speed of your CPU. FSX operates with the continuous use of the CPU. The speed or memory of the GPU or even amount and speed of ram you have really doesn't matter if your CPU isn't fast enough to process everything that is going on.

In a dense scenery proximity the real test for your system is how fast is your CPU?. It is not how many cores your CPU has or any of the rest of today's gaming benchmarks.

FSX is an old program figuring tons of CPU speed would always revolve around a core. Is your CPU clock speed itself fast enough to deal with dense scenery? That's the key question. If not, you need to consider another CPU!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

It does sound as if your settings are too high. Usually, scenery alone will not use up all the RAM FSX is allowed to allocate for itself. It usually also takes the liberal application of high density aircraft and AI set to high levels, clouds with add-on weather, etc.

With no malware, default NY scenery, default aircraft, AI set to below 50% you should be able to make it through. The less AI you use the better. I use 40% aircraft in heavy scenery and ships/ground set to 10%. Reducing autogen will make a big difference in frame rates and memory usage. Down near the ground is where the graphics load is greatest. It's here where should should setting up your system for max load.

What is the OS?

I'm assuming you perform the standard gamer clean best practices before starting FS

Did your memory problem start before or after:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?289966-Problem-With-the-lights-in-New-york-Airport-X

Often, it's graphics memory which is being reported as low in FSX. There is now difference in the report whether it's graphics or system memory. With a 4G card though, you should be OK.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-faces-false-advertising-lawsuit-over-gtx-970-specs/

-Pv-

My OS is Windows 8.1.

The problem happens always, just when I Select to use in DX10, it works fine.

But then DX10 make for me lot of problems With PMDG 737 NGX (Gear Problem)

So I need to fix the problem, it is possible? How to fix it?

What plane were you flying? Have you tried turning your graphics settings down?

NY is a RAM hog with no addons and high graphic settings. Throw in those huge Drzewiecki airports and things get worse. I try to avoid NYC but when I do fly there or near there things slow way down. I only have 2 freeware addon airports in NYC and still it can turn into a slide show and I have a fast computer.

It usually comes down to having to turn your graphics settings down. FSX can only utilize 4Gb RAM. Good luck.

I tried to Fly With PMDG 737 NGX, may try with another airplane?

So, What to do ? I said I have in my computer 8GB RAM

One thing you didn't mention is the speed of your CPU. FSX operates with the continuous use of the CPU. The speed or memory of the GPU or even amount and speed of ram you have really doesn't matter if your CPU isn't fast enough to process everything that is going on.

In a dense scenery proximity the real test for your system is how fast is your CPU?. It is not how many cores your CPU has or any of the rest of today's gaming benchmarks.

FSX is an old program figuring tons of CPU speed would always revolve around a core. Is your CPU clock speed itself fast enough to deal with dense scenery? That's the key question. If not, you need to consider another CPU!

The speed of my CPU is 3.2GHZ, I use 4 cores.

I have Strong computer, Register:

GTX 970 4 GB

i5 3.2ghz 4 Cores.

8 GB RAM.

Something more? How to fix it? It's too important for me.

Thank you everyone for help!

3.2 Ghz is far away from a strong computer for FSX since it is very CPU demanding. As stated, FSX being a 32 bit application it cannot make use of all the 8 gig RAM you have.

So? What Can i do?

Hi,

I am owning the New York Airports x and New York City x from Drzewiecki Design.

When I try to take off from the airports or landing in the airport I get a memory error "Your computer has ran out of memory"

I use ftx global, Rex 4 and that's it.

I have 8gb of ram in my computer and my video card is GTX 970.

How to fix it?

This is a common problem with this scenery. If you browse the fora you will find that people even have OOMs without even moving the (complex) plane in that area.

There is not much you can do. If you know your way around FSX I suggest to always disable those parts of the scenery you don't actually need, like the other airports in the NY package. And turn down your settings (scenery complexity, autogen and AI traffic). Don't raise the TextureMaxLoad from the default 1024.

Try a methodical approach. Use a tool to monitor the VAS usage of FSX. Then turn off any "goodies" in FSX, no weather (are you not using any weather addon??), no AI, all sliders left. Then raise the settings one by one until you find the main source for your OOMs - leave that on minimal settings or turn it off.

You state that with DX10 it runs fine but you are experiencing other problems with the 737 NGX. What kind of problems? I'm running DX 10 too, and I don't have any issues with the NGX whatsoever. On the contrary, since the latest update she even sports very nice cockpit shadows.

This is a common problem with this scenery. If you browse the fora you will find that people even have OOMs without even moving the (complex) plane in that area.

There is not much you can do. If you know your way around FSX I suggest to always disable those parts of the scenery you don't actually need, like the other airports in the NY package. And turn down your settings (scenery complexity, autogen and AI traffic). Don't raise the TextureMaxLoad from the default 1024.

Try a methodical approach. Use a tool to monitor the VAS usage of FSX. Then turn off any "goodies" in FSX, no weather (are you not using any weather addon??), no AI, all sliders left. Then raise the settings one by one until you find the main source for your OOMs - leave that on minimal settings or turn it off.

You state that with DX10 it runs fine but you are experiencing other problems with the 737 NGX. What kind of problems? I'm running DX 10 too, and I don't have any issues with the NGX whatsoever. On the contrary, since the latest update she even sports very nice cockpit shadows.

I got Gear problem with PMDG 737 NG, and also the N\D and the PFD doesn't react.

May It's related to the aircraft?

I got Gear problem with PMDG 737 NG, and also the N\D and the PFD doesn't react.

This is not normal. Are you running the latest version? It should work just fine in DX10, maybe you should contact PMDG.

May It's related to the aircraft?

You mean the OOM (OutOfMemory)? Partially yes, but not because it is broken. The more complex the aircraft, the more prone to OOM your FSX gets. With the 777 you wouldn't even get off the airport at the same settings you can still barely fly the NGX. But you can check this, if you monitor memory usage (run FSX with the trike, check memory, then run FSX with the NGX, check memory)

I don't remember, but does Drzewiecki come with a tool/setup to run lower resolution textures? This could help.

Did you try the other suggestions, does it work if you set all sliders left? Leave out scenery elements? And no tweaking in the fsx.cfg? And only use a basic livery for the NGX, no fancy HD stuff! Furthermore, you need to tone down the Rex texuters, 1024 is the maximum you should go, and all DXT, no 32 bit!!

Archived