FSX Traffic conflict AI traffic

HELLO ALL!!!!!

I run Australian AI AU traffic (freeware) and that is brilliant because it includes atc files and everything. but the skies get a bit lonely when i fly outside australia. say when im in america, there is absolutley no airport traffic so i installed each american airline individually from the World of Ai website and this all works fine and the airports are full of planes except when i go back to australia there is NO traffic. is there a way for both????

Thanks

Cooper

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM

1TB Crucial SSD

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean but the link you posted takes me to an Ai flight planner and the problems with my traffic package for Australia not showing up if I install single airlines for other countries

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM

1TB Crucial SSD

your AI-AU are fsx style trafficplans. (FSX=FS10).

your WOAI is FS9 style trafficplans.

When there are both FSX type and FS9 type trafficplans installed, only the FS9 -style trafficplans will show up when flying.

To fix: convert the FS9 type trafficplans to FSX-type.

AIPF can do that easily.

**Make a backup of you FS9 style WOAI, outside the FSX folders.

*Install AIFP,

**select menu: "Convert FS9 traffic Files To FSX",

**file-explorer opens, select yourFSX folder. check-mark in the box. All subfolders will be included.

**select: add "_FSX" suffix to filenames: It will save the new file created from *****.bgl as: *****_FSX.bgl

**select: "delete FS9 files after conversion"

**click GO. (Or OK or something)

**fixed.

3 Important notes:

Back up the WOAI fs9 style trafficplans.

The WOAI installer can be used to uninstall an airline. When it doesn't find the correct file, it will report "airline not installed".

I believe that the WOAI uninstall function does no more then removing the file anyway. So it may not matter much, but I save the FS9-type WOAI files in a seperate folder just in case.

By selecting "delete FS9 files after conversion" you are sure there are no more FS9 type trafficplans in the FSX folder after the conversion is done.

You may see a list of "errors" from AIFP. That usually means there where small errors in the trafficplans like flights going to airports that existed in FS9 but that do not exist in FSX. No worries, AIFP fixes it for you automatically.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When there are both FSX type and FS9 type trafficplans installed, only the FS9 -style trafficplans will show up when flying.

A slight, minor correction to that. In 99.999% of the time that is true. But if an AI is needed in an area that there is no WOAI (FS9) plan, the Sim will insert a default AI aircraft to cover it. I've seen it happen twice. All of my WOAI are in FS9 format and flying my B-36 out of Kadena, Okinawa I had one lone AI in my area, a World Travel 737-800.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes it should.

Trafficplans are .bgl files. WOAI puts those in: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" -folder.

I don't know where the AI-AU files get installed.

You say after installing WOAI, your AI-AU is missing.

WOAI .bgl files are fs9-type.

When fs-9-type files are installed, fsx-type .bgl files will no longer show up in the sim.

That means that when you install WOAI traffic, you won't see traffic that is fsx-type anymore.\

You say your AI-AU is missing now.

That means AI-AU must be fsx-type .bgl files.

------------------------

To make sure you see everything again, turn the WOAI fs9 type .bgl files into FSX type .bgl files. Then you have only fsx-type files, and you will see all you traffic.

(Woai, in USA, and AI-AU, in australia.)

---------

With AIFP you can select convert to FSX type. And you can select the complete FSX folder. So all FS9 type files are converted to fsx-type in one go, and you can be sure no FS9 files remain.

-------

It has happened quite often that people here shout "Al my traffic is gone!! Help!!", And we found out they installed just ONE woai airline.

"You must convert them to fsx-type" is the solution then too.

-----

Remember, after you have converted your WOAI to FSX-type, everything will be FSX type.

So, if you then install another WOAI airline, you will have to convert that one too!

(It will be FS9 type again, so if you don't convert it, that will be the only airline you see.)

-----

If you like to read more:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282842-Where-do-AI-airplanes-go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On a side note, it may be interesting to know that for more recent packages WoAI offers the choice between an FS9 or FSX version.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20150509123130_zpsrqe1k1r6.png

However, from my own experience this only applies to the models and textures that are used.

Even when downloading and installing a WoAI package "for FSX", the traffic bgls will be FS9 format, and therefore need to be converted.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Win is 100% correct, that has been my experience too.

I believe the AU AI traffic comes from ORBX and can be downloaded as freeware, at least I believe I did that myself some time ago, and if my ailing memory is correct that was also in FS9 format.

Sometimes addon scenery also installs flight plans without you knowing or noticing, so if something comes up with no AI traffic showing, the FIRST thing to do is use AIFP to search for FS9 flight plans and get them converted.

Jorgen

Archived