Are Saitek yoke problems are solved?

alexzar14

I see many old posts dating to 2008-2011 with dead zone problems and unresponsiveness to small yoke inputs, don't see any recent posts anywhere. Is this finally a good yoke with with defined center pitch position and corrected dead zones?

If you want a perfect yoke you need to pay 500 bucks. The Saitek yoke works fine, that's why so many people use it. Just avoid using the Saitek software to program it and you won't have any phantom key presses.

grease the shaft and set null and sensitivity to zero.

I watched the video and it scared me off :-(

Right now I have a CH USB which is almost 10 years old now. It works perfectly with airliners, but the right side attachment mechanism (one that holds it to the desk) has failed and that is annoying. I was thinking about replacing it for that matter, but it seems that there isn't anything to go for. $500 for a good yoke... I could probably shell it if I flew more often than I do - twice/three times a week, sometimes once.

Greetings All,

alexzar, if you are satisfied with the current yoke, you might try some industrial Velcro to replace the clamps. It will hold a yoke or throttle solidly to the desk..... ;)

Respectfully,

Brian

If you want a perfect yoke you need to pay 500 bucks. The Saitek yoke works fine, that's why so many people use it. Just avoid using the Saitek software to program it and you won't have any phantom key presses.

I agree! That's what I have done as well.

As to the joystick versus yoke question. I have and use one or the other based on what I'm "flying." I don't recall ever seeing a chopper with a yoke. Or many non-high performance fixed wing planes with a joy stick. When I "sim" I like to use the correct equipment as part of the process.

What I'd like to see is a collective for sims. Sliding the throttle with the left hand on the joystick isn't very satisfying. And certainly isn't "correct." Think I'll start a thread on that issue!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Well, after a number of years tolerating the Saitek yoke, I shelled out $500 for the VRinsight Yoke Master II not long ago. Of course it doesn't have a centering mechanism but neither do real aircraft yokes. Even a $500 yoke can have its own set of issues. Mine was binding a bit when making small corrections while flying but I opened up the case and applied a dry lube along the solid stainless steel shaft. That really worked well. Also, I didn't have to fiddle with any drivers to install. I mapped everything through FSUIPC. Works so much better that way for this yoke.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Well, after a number of years tolerating the Saitek yoke, I shelled out $500 for the VRinsight Yoke Master II not long ago. Of course it doesn't have a centering mechanism but neither do real aircraft yokes. Even a $500 yoke can have its own set of issues. Mine was binding a bit when making small corrections while flying but I opened up the case and applied a dry lube along the solid stainless steel shaft. That really worked well. Also, I didn't have to fiddle with any drivers to install. I mapped everything through FSUIPC. Works so much better that way for this yoke.

I've been considering doing the Saitek rubber band mod to mine after using it for the last few months. I'm sad that the build quality is a little low, but happy about the immersion factor.

After reading the mention of FSUIPC for what must be the millionth time in my sim life, I think it's time for me to buy a copy...

I decided if I was going to pay a LOT of money for a high quality controller (rather than one which needed frequent maintenance or one I was going to replace over and over) I was going to get something with fewest moving parts. The Saitek pressure sensitive stick has been a workhorse for me. I realize this thread is about yokes.

Since I fly about every type of plane there is from gliders to bush to airliners to mach 3, civil and intense combat and switch planes (and sims) frequently, I needed something one stop, rugged and reliable which works for anything I do.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Alex,

Go to Amazon and enter the model you are interested in, or 'Saitek yoke'. When you see what you are shopping for, click on graphic or link and when you get there, scroll way down page to read the reviews. Some are from 2008-2011, ans doem are 'current', but they are a good guide as to what you are 'getting into' with the Saitek hardware (and software). Get a MS Sidewinder and be done with getting 'took' (and fraustrated) and go fly.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

A big +1

Cheers,

I watched the video and it scared me off :-(

Right now I have a CH USB which is almost 10 years old now. It works perfectly with airliners, but the right side attachment mechanism (one that holds it to the desk) has failed and that is annoying. I was thinking about replacing it for that matter, but it seems that there isn't anything to go for. $500 for a good yoke... I could probably shell it if I flew more often than I do - twice/three times a week, sometimes once.

I had a CH too for many years. Then I bought a second one cheap on Ebay for parts. I briefly had a Saitek Cessna Yoke mid 2014 but sent it back - behaved just as described, a lot worse than the CH. After struggeling on with the CH for a couple of months, including frequent cleaning and Teflon or Silicone spray, I bought a PFC Saab Yoke with hall sensors and never looked back.

To fly stick I mounted my old CH F-16 FlightStick on a single table leg using a 20 cm extension made of wood, and screwed the whole affair to a heavy base plate. That way the stick is placed where it needs to be (between thighs) and I can equally use it as a side stick for Airbus or as a tiller.

Archived