Default 747 - Too many doors open

On the default 747-400, the main doors only open 2 doors. That's fine. And obviously the cargo doors are E2 and they are fine. My question is, when you hit E3, EVERY other door on the plane opens and looks kinda ridiculous. Is there a way in cfg to change which doors open?
Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

If you look in the aircraft.cfg file, you'd notice that the Shift-E, 3 command is scripted to open the "Emergency" doors. In an emergency, one would open all doors. :cool:

exit.2 = 0.4, -42.30, 9.0, -7, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I did a comparison of the default 747-400 VS a 3rd party freeware 747. The screenshots are of the 3rd party 747 after doing Shift+E, Shift+E2, and Shift+E3. Is this what you are looking for?

747 doors.JPG

747 doors1.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

" Is there a way in cfg to change which doors open? "

"Nope, animations are built into the model."

SB is correct. If one of those three combinations do not satisfy you, there is nothing you can do other than not to use them. You can CHANGE WHICH KEYS trigger these animations, and which of the AI ground services will get triggered when you press them, but you cannot change the animations themselves, ie (I want this door and that door but not this other door...)

Note: Opening other than passenger doors for emergency is not unusual which provides ground crew additional access to fight fires and evacuate animals.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I did a comparison of the default 747-400 VS a 3rd party freeware 747. The screenshots are of the 3rd party 747 after doing Shift+E, Shift+E2, and Shift+E3. Is this what you are looking for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178457[/ATTACH]

In my default 747, to get the look you have shown all you have to do is hit E1 and E2. If I'm going to be able to use GSX, I have to hit E3 to open other doors. So it opens ALL of the other doors making it look less realistic.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

There is no standard forcing 3D modelers to create animations one way.

You get what you get.

You can ask the original designer to change their model and release a new version or you can switch to another model which is more to your liking.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

You can ask the original designer to change their model and release a new version or you can switch to another model which is more to your liking.

-Pv-

+1 That's what I was kinda hinting at! Try something OTHER than the default aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived