Need Help with trimming the default 747 in FSX

When i fly the default 747 i always try to set the trim before i take off or else it doesn't even get off the runway. But it never stays where i left it when i took off. So when i adjust it the plane always leans completely forward or backwards. For example when i go to flaps 25 or more the tale drops and the 747 goes down vertically.

Does anybody know what i can do to fix this?

Sounds like you dont have a basic understanding of how to use 'trim', specifically elevator.

You trim for airspeed and 0 yoke pressure, which means that any speed change will require a trim change to maintain 0 yoke pressure. If you change the planes configuration (flaps, gear, etc) you need to re-trim.

Not sure what speeds you are using but for example if you are climbing out at 250kts IAS and you had your takeoff trim set for 170kts, you will need to keep adjusting the trim as the speed increases. Ideally you want to be able to release the yoke and not change pitch, if it climbs or descends and you have to hold pressure on the yoke then keep adjusting the trim until you reach 0 pressure.

Does anybody know what i can do to fix this?
Don't jump into the biggest jet right off the bat but learn to fly in a small and slow aircraft first.

When you become more proficient you can move up to bigger and faster aircraft.

When i fly the default 747 i always try to set the trim before i take off or else it doesn't even get off the runway. But it never stays where i left it when i took off. So when i adjust it the plane always leans completely forward or backwards.
I'm not sure what you mean but as you takeoff and climb you must actively manage pitch and power to maintain your intended flightpath and speed.

For example when i go to flaps 25 or more the tale drops and the 747 goes down vertically
Lowering flaps will increase drag and will cause your speed to reduce, possibly to the point of stall.

A change in your flapsetting should be accompanied with a change in power and/or pitch.

All this is best learned in a small, slow and docile aircraft.

As mentioned above, if you cannot take off, the plane is too heave for the length of the runway. Most planes do not use full flaps for take off because the create too much drag and nose down. Also as mentioned, as soon as you turn on the pitch functions of the autopilot, the computer takes control over the trim. The autopilot does not use elevator to control pitch.

There are training tutorials in the Learning Center. Work through those and all your control problems will go away as you learn basic aerodynamics.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived