Edit voice pack phraseology edit

mujx

Hi everyone, I am using evp for some time and I created the callsign with little fuss but now I have to add some words in the default phrase used by ATC in fs2004. So I want the ATC to call for example "Cessna N176CM contact Anchorage center on XXX.XX bye" --> want to include this word but I can't get it to please can anyone help me out and give me a full tutorial because I have never done anything except adding callsign of new airline. The tutorial is getting me exhausted and the readme too. Any help will be greatly appreciated

I needed to learn how to do this again, so I used your question as a test problem.

1. First you need to create a new phrase. In EVP to go Custom Modifications/Phraseology, right click, and choose Create New.

2. Next, you need to find the correct phrase name to modify. You didn't mention which one you are trying to modify, but I'll try to figure it out.

a. I first searched for the work "contact" (without the quotes), since it is the only unique word in your phrase.

b. The one that seems closest is AGNT_AC_HANDOFF. But that doesn't include the callsign that you listed, so perhaps that phrase is incorporated into ANOTHER phrase.

c. So I did a search for handoff. That came up with ANY_AC_HANDOFF. So this is my guess for the phrase that you want to modify.

3. So I entered ANY_AC_HANDOFF in the Identifier: line, a description of what I want the phrase to say in the Description: line ([Aircraft Name] [Callsign] contact [Agent] on [Frequency]) and my name on the Author line.

4. Check the Force Variation box and leave the number at 0.

5. Now I need to find the name of the marker that is the aircraft manufacturer (the Cessna you want to add). So I searched for Cessna, and found ATC_NAME CESSNA. So the marker name is atc_name.

6. The phrase ANY_AC_HANDOFF is: . I need to add to the beginning of this phrase.

7. So I double click the searched for ANY_AC_HANDOFF to load the phrase into pilot 0 and find that the only WAV file associated with this phrase is a short segment of silence (Pilots 0 to 8) or static (pilot 9). Too bad, that makes it hard to place the markers for pilot 9. To know this for sure you would need to listen to it in FS and figure out where this static WAV file is placed. I will just guess for this exercise it's at the end. It won't matter for the silent ones, except where you want a pause.

8. You probably want to File/Save the voicepack at this point, some people have crashes when copying phrases with markers. If that happens, copy just the phrase to all voices first, and then place the markers manually into all 10 voices.

9. Now I will place the markers for and into the start of this WAV file.

a. Type into the Phrase box. You must do this to be able to add the marker.

b. Right click the wave file display in the Markers box and choose Add Marker.

c. Type atc_name into the Marker: box below the WAV file display. NOTE: no symbols.

d. Drag the vertical white bar (the marker) in the WAV display to near the left edge. You can figure out its exact location later.

e. Type after the in the Phrase: box.

f. Right click the wave file display in the Markers box and choose Add Marker.

g. Type callsign_shortened into the Marker: box below the WAV file display. NOTE: no symbols.

h. Drag the vertical white bar (the marker) in the WAV display just to the right of the atc_name marker line. You can figure out its exact location later.

10. Now we need to insert the segment into the phrase. Type that into the Phrase: box after .

(I don't know if that segment also needs to be added as a marker, but I don't think so?). Anyone? if you don't hear it in FS, you can try that.

11. Again, save the voicepack.

12. Now right click Pilot 0 (male) in the Voices box and choose Copy Sound Segments To/All Other Voices. Hopefully that will happen without a crash.

13. Save the voicepack.

14. Compile the voicepack.

15. Try it out in FS.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived