"CALLOUT" gauge including RETARD

jparnold

Is there a "CALLOUT gauge" for FSX which includes "RETARD" (co-pilot calling out "retard" when the altitude is below say 30 feet).

I have done a "file search" and didn't find anything worthwhile but perhaps there is an aircraft which includes a decent "callout gauge" which includes "retard" as well as altitude "callouts".

Thanks

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Sorry, no luck finding a copilot to call you a "Retard"! Let's see....Verb or adjective??

It looks like that callout is for the airbus clan and the only callouts program that supposedly had it was Project Magenta/PM Sounds. I had that program a few years ago and never heard Retard-Retard-Retard.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks guys for the info.

Verb, noun? Not sure. The only word I know of which is all these things is a 4 letter word starting with F - FOOL of course! I will have to FILE that away

John

file in lib here (747callout gauge or something .zip , dunno)

has altitude callouts while descending. 1000 - 500 - Hundred above - Minimums - 200 - 100 - 50 - 40 - 30 - 20 - 10.

I did not like the "hundred above" and "minimums"

I wanted - fourhundred - threehundred - instead.

So, I looked at the sound files that I had installed.

The files were actually called CA_400FT.wav and CA_300FT.wav , but when played said "hundred above" etc.

So, I substituted the files.

First I made backups of the original files (CA_300FT_orig.wav and CA_400FT_orig.wav).

Then I recorded my own voice on the pc with a microphone, saying 400, and saved it as CA_400FT.wav

I recorded my own voice on the pc with a microphone, saying 300, and saved it as CA_300FT.wav

And substituted the existing files.

I was going to tell you to replace the CA_20FT sound with a self recorded "retard" sound.

(The program I used is "Audacity". Very good + Free.)

But surprise, I now see I actually removed the 20 ft sound in my setup because IT ALREADY SAYS "20, retard" (I didn't like that.)

The callout gauge file name is: callv1.zip

in the flightsim.com file library.

Enjoy:),

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info.

I did consider recording my own voice for "retard" but I wanted all the callouts to sound the same voice and I don't like listening to my own voice.

Also I'm not sure by renaming files as you did is a good idea as I would have thought then that you might hear the wrong information as each one is 'called' at a particular altitude.

John

You misunderstand.

I renamed them to have backups. The renamed ones are the old files, with different names. They are not used by FSX, as the names are different.

The file CA_400FT.wav is the one I changed. That sound is now my voice, saying 400. It is used by FSX because the filename is still the same.

That's just me though.

I also just now used Audacity to "trimm" the CA_20FT.wav sound. It used to be: "20, Retard." I used Audacity and cut the last part of the sound, so now it only says: "20".

Also just me.

For you it is of no importance. You can just add the callout gauge. You will have all the callouts, including the "20, Retard" call.

You can edit it as you see fit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For example, if you only want the retard call, and nothing else:

-Add the callout gauge to the panel.cfg as insructed in the readme file.

-Add the callout gauge file as insructed in the readme file.

Then

-Add the "CALLOUT" folder, with the sounds, as insructed in the readme file.

-But remove all the sounds you don't want to hear. (all except the "20, Retard" sound CA_20FT.wav)

-Edit the sound file so you only hear "Retard"

The gauge just "calls" the sound files at the correct altitudes. If they are not there, no problem.

If the sounds are different, no problem.

You could make it say, "Time for TeleTubbies" if you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok

I am quite familiar with Audacity using it quite often for audio changes for video editing.

Once again I am looking for callout using the SAME voice and also which sound ok. I have found quite a few "callout" sounds but most have 'voices' I don't like. Maybe I could try 'massaging' them using Audacity (filters).

Also maybe only some aircraft have "RETARD" sounding when the altitude is 20 feet or below.

No great problem just wanted to add realism.

Isn't a must as I should just remember to 'retard' once I hear "20 feet". The voice would just remind me to do it.

Thanks again

John

"Retard" is generally an Airbus thang.. Surely there should be a Airbus landing call or

GPWS sound pack that has the Airbus voice call outs in the library.. They do have a

distinctive Airbus voice to them. Different than the Boeing voice.

That's one reason why I prefer Boeings.. I don't want to fly a jet that calls me a retard

every time I land.. :p

And yes, they will often do it three, or even four times in a row if they think they can

get away with it. :mad:

With the 737's I run, it shows "Idle" on the HGS when you get to 20 feet.

Same deal, except not as irritating. lol

There is another file in the lib.

fda3clot.zip

Altitude callout gauge for airbus A320 etc

FS2000/FS98 gauge

with callout sound files.

The Gauge will not work in FSX, as it is from before FS2004.

But you can use the sounds.

Install the callout gauge from file callv1.zip

Then rename and use the sound files from fda3clot.zip

The sounds are spoken in a more mechanical voice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

file in lib here (...) has altitude callouts while descending. 1000 - 500 - Hundred above - Minimums - 200 - 100 - 50 - 40 - 30 - 20 - 10. (...) The callout gauge file name is: callv1.zip in the flightsim.com file library.

Great info! Just downloaded this. I also grabbed the Airbus-type sound files in case I ever decide to fly one of those.

I just listened to the callv1.zip sound files. Although I'm a fan of some of Arnold Schwarzenegger's early movies, the German/Austrian accent of the callv1.zip sound files would not be my first choice since I prefer to fly Boeing, Lockheed and McDonnell-Douglas airliners.

I would prefer not to hear my own voice on every approach, so I'm not keen to record my own. Does anyone know where non-accented U.S. English callout sound files compatible with the callv1.zip gauges can be found?

Edit to add: Found a set of unaccented U.S. English altitude callout sound files and some other GPWS calls, in file 2287_gpws.zip at http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&cat=Sound. Rather than delete my post, I'll leave it here in case others are looking for the same thing..

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Archived