Black squares on shore lines and landing smoke

Are you referring to black contrails coming out of your engines or tire smoke when touching down on the runway? If so, download and run this file that's here in the Library. gauges_recovery_fsx.zip

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think he means he gets black squares instead of waves at shorelines and instead of T/D smoke. I'm not familiar with FSX, but I once had white squares replacing my shore waves in FS9. I believe I had some textures missing, and I believe that's the case here too, it sure looks that way. I solved my boxy waves by reinstalling FS, but I needed a fresh reinstall anyway because of many other issues related to excessive tweaking:o, so I didn't bother too much to find out the root problem of my boxy waves. And as I prepared to end this post, I remembered my trees were once gone, and I could only see...strange...mirror-like squares. My tree textures were missing, I got them back (actually, I got some addon tree textures) and that fixed the problem, so I really think some textures are missing in your case too, I wish I could tell you which one and where to get them...
kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived