FSX Altitude Alerter Gauge

Clarindo

I successfully use several FS9 aircraft, panels and gauges in FSX.

One of these gauges is (or WAS) Glenn Copeland's Altitude Alerter which verbally calls out when any set altitude is reached.

Lately (and I don't know the reason for it) this verbal announcement disappeared. I have carefully determined that the installation process, the file locations, a needed space within the text of a gauge line is introduced, everything has been triple checked. Do not know enough to assume that SP1 and SP2 FSX updates had anything to do with it.

The point is that I am terribly missing this gauge and have looked at current FSX aircraft which mention "altitude alert" in the hope of finding a gauge which could be used in another FSX panel.

The ultimate resource I can think of is asking if anyone utilized this gauge in the old FS9 and could mention if something like it is available for an FSX panel, or assisting me with any information or guidance.

Thanks a lot,

Clarindo

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU - RAM 8GB DDR3

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 series - 3 LDE Monitors - FSX STEAM

Any chance that the one line in the panel.cfg that has the volume control might have been changed or deleted?

[sounds]

Sound00=./Gauges/AltAlerterGau_2/AltitudeAlerter1.wav, 100 the red number adjusts the volume.

a_alert.zip is the download for this FS9 gauge.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks, Mr. Zippy. Excellent tip which had not occurred to me.

Unfortunately that is not the reason for the silent situation I am facing. Will continue to fight this losing battle.

Here is how the present sound configuration reads:

MaxSounds=1

ErrorFlag= 0

LvarStop=dsd_stop_sounds

[LVars]

Lvar00=AltAlert_PlaySound

[sounds]

Sound00=./Gauges/AltAlerterGau_2/AltitudeAlerter1.wav, 100

Clarindo

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU - RAM 8GB DDR3

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 series - 3 LDE Monitors - FSX STEAM

• 5 months later...